Silva vs Griffin : The best performance witnessed inside the octagon ?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Don't see any flaws in that performance.. Against a former LHW champion (damn..)

Which one you got ?

Silva vs. Griffin was one of the most lopsided "style" fights (its worth mentioning) but yes. For me that was the most awe inspiring fight out there.

A steroid user versus a guy that everyone knew was just going to keep moving forward trying to exchange with a better striker and end up getting knocked out? Nah, not even close.

As a Griffin fan, it pained me to watch him get schooled so badly.
Masterful performance by silva, even if griffin was tailor made for him

Pretty awesome.

Jones vs Shogun was also amazing.

Unfortunately both are just more evidence that LHW has always been overrated. The fact that the MW champion did that to a recent LHW champion said a lot about how weak LHW really was in spite of the fact its marquee status papered over many of the very deep cracks.

Ironically, Silva/Griffin happened at a time when many of us had convinced ourselves that the strength/depth of MW was lacking. Silva just proved any division he took on would look weak in the face of his mastery.

Edit: Griffin actually wasn't "juiced" per se. His failed test for that fight was for Xanax. Technically a PED, but not something normally thought of as "juice".

Last edited:
A steroid user versus a guy that everyone knew was just going to keep moving forward trying to exchange with a better striker and end up getting knocked out? Nah, not even close.

STFU with your steroid crap all fighters are on something and steroids dont make you move like that. Anderson is a great fighter and one of the best ever now go back to watching tennis or some weak sport noob.
I actually lost money on that fight at bodog for stupidly betting on Forrest.

Could easily be. At the moment, Silva was coming from those lackluster performances and people thought that Griffin would give him a really tough match.

And so what ? Does it eclipse the performance ? No.

STFU with your steroid crap all fighters are on something and steroids dont make you move like that. Anderson is a great fighter and one of the best ever now go back to watching tennis or some weak sport noob.
I actually lost money on that fight at bodog for stupidly betting on Forrest.
Do you have proof that all fighters are on steroids or are you just bashing every fighter because Anderoid got caught? Post a link proving your bullshit opinion or stop with the needless fighter bashing.

Do you have proof that all fighters are on steroids or are you just bashing every fighter because Anderoid got caught? Post a link proving your bullshit opinion or stop with the needless fighter bashing.

do you have proof that Anderson was on steroids at the time of that fight? or just the Diaz fight right at the damn end of his career.

Its up there.

As much as it pains me to say it, Jones-Shogun has got to be up there too.

Silva-Leben

GSP-Trigg

There is so many I could name, but these stand out to me.

Randy vs Tito was pretty much a flawless victory. Wrestling obviously isn't quite as dazzling as the stand-up, but it was impressive nonetheless.

The fact that Griffin was blitzed on Xanax takes a little bit of luster off Silva's win.

Silva vs. Griffin was one of the most lopsided "style" fights (its worth mentioning) but yes. For me that was the most awe inspiring fight out there.

That's revisionist history. Shogun should have picked him apart in far quicker time if that was truly the case. The reality is that Anderson just put on an absolute clinic.

Funny how many ppl are trying to throw shade on Silva's performance in that fight. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, this is Sherdog after all.

It was a masterful performance. Flawless actually.

That's revisionist history. Shogun should have picked him apart in far quicker time if that was truly the case. The reality is that Anderson just put on an absolute clinic.

Shogun knocked Forrest out in 90 seconds less than Anderson did.

Cain destroying JDS 2x was more impressive to me, but Anderson completely outclassed Griffin on the feet.

do you have proof that Anderson was on steroids at the time of that fight? or just the Diaz fight right at the damn end of his career.

According to Anderson himself, yes.
Silva is on record saying anyone that is on steroids has probably been on them his whole career.

As far as TS's question, I liked Jones over Shogun.

Back