Silva v Diaz (cardio)

Nick could have Cains cardio for this fight it still would not matter because he's getting KO'd in the first round.....

How ironic your statement is because Diaz has better cardio than Cain

Has Silva ever had a cardio problem? Sure he might not have been as crisp in the 5th round but never really seen him gassed

Right for the morons that think anderson is gonna walk through him easily go watch wwe nobody wrecks diaz never mind in one round ffs

So heres the question,If its a close fight coming down to the 4th and 5th do you think daiz's cardio will shade him them rounds and maybe win a decision?

nick-diaz-o.gif

Well, someone did. TS, meet Jeremy Jackson. Stopped Nick in under a minute. KJ Noons also put a whooping on him and forced the doctor stoppage before the second round.

I don't think Silva will clean KO him. I think he'll do a ton of damage in the clinch and have him busted open by the end of the first round. I think the fight will end because of a cut / doctor stoppage.

Diaz_Vs_Noons_1-10397.jpg

nick-diaz-SDX.jpg

i don't ever recall seeing Silva gas so Nick's main advantage against other fighters here is nullified

nick-diaz-o.gif

Well, someone did. TS, meet Jeremy Jackson. Stopped Nick in under a minute. KJ Noons also put a whooping on him and forced the doctor stoppage before the second round.

I don't think Silva will clean KO him. I think he'll do a ton of damage in the clinch and have him busted open by the end of the first round. I think the fight will end because of a cut / doctor stoppage.

And When was the last time that this soon to be 40 year old got knocked out............hmmmmm (and Weidman is a KO Artist right?)

[YT]OwDqz2P0YTw[/YT]

Right for the morons that think anderson is gonna walk through him easily go watch wwe nobody wrecks diaz never mind in one round ffs

So heres the question,If its a close fight coming down to the 4th and 5th do you think daiz's cardio will shade him them rounds and maybe win a decision?

well it's not hard to see why you're on a double yellow

Anderson has never even come close to gassing, so I wouldn't bank on Diaz's cardio to gain him any momentum.

He was in deep water round 1 against Paul Daley, you could argue the fight could have been stopped.

KJ Noons stopped him in the 1st as well.

Just sayin.

Was hoping for an intelligent first post, was disappointed.

With that said Diaz has some of the best cardio in the sport and i think he wins this fight

And When was the last time that this soon to be 40 year old got knocked out............hmmmmm (and Weidman is a KO Artist right?)

[YT]OwDqz2P0YTw[/YT]

Weidman has much more power than Diaz and is also much harder to hit, not to mention the fact that he's quite a bit larger than Diaz. Not a great example.

Weidman has much more power than Diaz and is also much harder to hit, not to mention the fact that he's quite a bit larger than Diaz. Not a great example.

Don't care how much stronger Weidman may be....If Silva commits a rookie mistake against Diaz he is gonna pay for it ... Whether its losing a round or the fight. #HereIsToHimNotLeavingbothFeetParallelToEachOther

Don't care how much stronger Weidman may be....If Silva commits a rookie mistake against Diaz he is gonna pay for it ... Whether its losing a round or the fight. #HereIsToHimNotLeavingbothFeetParallelToEachOther

Silva doesn't make rookie mistakes very often. Diaz leaves himself open a lot more than Silva does and that's going to cost him dearly.

nobody survives a round with silva with diaz' fighting style.

he plods forward over-aggressively, that's exactly what silva thrives on, it's the whole reason he taunts guys.

i don't really see any way nick makes it to the 2nd round. and if he does it will be by just barely surviving the 1st due to his good chin, and then getting starched early in the 2nd.

Cardio could definitely be an issue if this is a 5 round fight as Diaz is extremely hard to finish and has better cardio and attacks the body better than almost anyone in MMA which could also slow down Silva. Diaz also doubles up on punches which is a good thing against Anderson.

I still think Anderson wins this fight but Diaz has a better chance than people think.

Silva is 5x deadlier than anyone Diaz has ever fought.

Just because no one has beaten him in 1 round doesn't mean Silva can't.

Silva doesn't make rookie mistakes very often. Diaz leaves himself open a lot more than Silva does and that's going to cost him dearly.
:icon_conf We will see (and didn't Pettis say that the Leg check incident was an amateur mistake too?)

nobody survives a round with silva with diaz' fighting style.

he plods forward over-aggressively, that's exactly what silva thrives on, it's the whole reason he taunts guys.

i don't really see any way nick makes it to the 2nd round. and if he does it will be by just barely surviving the 1st due to his good chin, and then getting starched early in the 2nd.

I agree that he plods forward but he's not over-aggressive IMO, he doesn't lead with his face like Leben, Forrest and Bonnar and doesn't tend to overextend himself.

:icon_conf We will see (and didn't Pettis say that the Leg check incident was an amateur mistake too?)

That kind of thing can happen to any fighter. Kicks get checked all the time, and sometimes it can injure you pretty badly. Besides, it's not like Diaz can check a kick.

Was hoping for an intelligent first post, was disappointed.

With that said Diaz has some of the best cardio in the sport and i think he wins this fight

Honest question, how do you see Diaz winning?

Personally I don't think cardio will play much of a role as Anderson has gone five rounds many times (including the grueling Chael fight) and never seemed very tired. The only way I can see Anderson gassing is if his age and weight cut play a factor or if Diaz does a lot of body work. To do that he has to get close to Anderson which will be difficult. And if he does he has to worry about clinch+knees.

I just see how Gsp and Condit were able to dance around him and counter and see him having problems. Anderson is better than both when it comes to counter striking and he has way more power. Penn and Daley also gave Diaz hell until they got tired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back