Silva SHOULD'VE EASILY won that fight!!!

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seriously,how can you lose to Matt Brown being so much better???

He dropped him in 10 seconds and you could see he's 1000 times the striker Brown is and is 100 times better on the ground.Knowing you have no gas tank,why rush and spend all your energy in Gnp and a silly choke??

He had 5 rounds to finish him without breaking a sweat,but AGAIN choses to get crazy and gasses after 2 minutes...

I really don't get it.He has probably the lowest IQ out of every fighter,being the guy with most potential out of everyone.

He couldn't have got an easier opponent.The guy dropped with 2 body kicks after 10 seconds for fu** sake and it was a 5 round fight.How can you still manage to lose that fight???

If only he was facing a LW in Brazil he would've easily won and shown his great young kid potential.

At the end of the day a fight is a fight. Skills play a big part; but toughness, chin, strength just as much if not more so and Brown's off the scale in those areas. Honestly, chin is the most important aspect of combat sport imo. You can get away with being bad at a lot of things if you have a great chin.

Silva came very close to winning the fight early, the ref was correct to not stop it, but it was close there. Brown proved Herb Dean right by being active, then defending the submissions and eventually get out and rocking Silva on the feet before R1 ended. Brown is very tough and I was very impressed with him tonight. That was maybe the best UFC fight ever and Silva had some excellent moments and nearly won. Brown is legit and ready for a title contender fight. His pace, power, accuracy and mental toughness are super impressive. I've never seen so many power shots without gassing or at least slowing down. Brown is a freight train that just keeps on coming...

Stephen Thompson did way better agaisnt Brown. So did Seth Bascinzsky. Possibly John Howard also. Man that was a beatdown, made him roll over and quit.

Much potential WOW.

Silva proved he has some of the worst striking defense in the sport today. Doesn't matter if you're Anderson Silva if someone's grandmother would find holes in your guard.

I love watching Brown, but for this fight I can't say whether he was good or Silva awful.

TS: Make sure to add "Brazil" to your location under profile settings.

;)

Silva came very close to winning the fight early, the ref was correct to not stop it, but it was close there. Brown proved Herb Dean right by being active, then defending the submissions and eventually get out and rocking Silva on the feet before R1 ended. Brown is very tough and I was very impressed with him tonight. That was maybe the best UFC fight ever and Silva had some excellent moments and nearly won. Brown is legit and ready for a title contender fight. His pace, power, accuracy and mental toughness are super impressive. I've never seen so many power shots without gassing or at least slowing down. Brown is a freight train that just keeps on coming...

It's nice Matt gets his family to post to Sherdog.

Actually that body kick was the only chance for Silva to win. Land a body kick, land it very early...He did, and still couldn't win. Brown went down and immediatly intelligently defended himself.

Lol. Skill isn't everything, and besides, Matt Brown is very skilled. Grit and determination is what Brown excels in. You're dumb if you think Erick Silva is that much better than Brown just because he fights flashy and Brown fights 'ugly'.

Stephen Thompson did way better agaisnt Brown. So did Seth Bascinzsky. Possibly John Howard also. Man that was a beatdown, made him roll over and quit.

Much potential WOW.

Wonderboy is also getting better and better since that loss. Silva has not shown any advancement in skill or cardio and certianly not fightIQ. Now that he is going to look more like a Nog bro people may not see him as having great potential.

Brown survived that first attack and proceeded to whip dat ass up for 2 1/2 rounds. Brown being the better fighter of the two.

Finishing early was the only chance he had he had gassed anyway his stamina is bad and the pressure of Brown had gotten to him. He had exactly 1 chance to win when he had Brown hurt and it didn't work out. He should try to move up to 185

Someone got baited by the UFCs pretty boy hype.

Back