Silva SHOULD'VE EASILY won that fight!!!

Man what are you guys talking about the gas tank, he wasn't gassed he got rocked. He was out on his feet. Silva's striking defense sucked because he was seeing stars the whole fight after getting a few knees and solid punches from Brown. That's why he was so sluggish, it was not his gas tank.

That fight took years off his fight career, man what a beating he got. He should have went down and saved his brain off all that damage.

One thing is not divorced from the other. When you get hit a lot, your gas tank diminishes, especially if you are prone to an adrenaline dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pharoah View Post
The problem is he had no gas left after 3 minutes

You can be better than your opponent in every area and get your ass knocked out if they have gas in the tank after you've ran out.

This.^ I agree, man.

I'll add that losing a match because you got tired faster than your opponent hurts your soul. If they beat you on damage or finish you then you know you lost to a better fighter, but when you gas it always feels like you lost to your own lack of training.

Losing due to a lack of endurance results in self-loathing.

Why does acknowledging that Silva gassed mean you're a butt hurt Silva fan? I keep seeing that word used in direct relation to this situation. I don't understand it.

its not so much that he gassed, that he had a raging animal constantly coming at him hurting him. doing his little sideways jog away to reset wasn't fooling anyone. he was obviously folding despite trying to put on the impression he wasnt

Silva made one mistake that cost him the win. He simply had to be a much better fighter than he is at this point in his career. Had he done that it would have been a very different outcome

:)

Although in fairness to Silva and all kidding aside, he knows that was the problem. No reason he should get ripped on for fans making excuses for him. His interview on why he lost was pure class. Kudos to him for that

its not so much that he gassed, that he had a raging animal constantly coming at him hurting him. doing his little sideways jog away to reset wasn't fooling anyone. he was obviously folding despite trying to put on the impression he wasnt

Lmao yes he did gas! How do y'all not see that?! He couldn't even stand after that RNC attempt! Of course Brown never let off of him after that, but Silva was dead tired in round one the second he stood back up after nearly finishing.

Back