Silicon Valley: Season 1 in Review

wait , what???? He died?

I looked it up. Christopher Evan Welch (Peter Gregory) died Dec 2, 2013 of lung cancer. They were most of the way through filming the first season, and Judge decided that he was irreplaceable, which influenced how they wrote the rest of the first season.

Unless they can completely write him out with something like moving to his private island so that the Monica character does all his talking for him, they are going to have to recast him. Welch played the part perfectly, but I think Judge's hands are tied by the necessity of the character.

First seasons usually are a little shorter. Look at TWD. First season was 6 episodes, and season 4 had over 20 episodes.

I looked it up. Christopher Evan Welch (Peter Gregory) died Dec 2, 2013 of lung cancer. They were most of the way through filming the first season, and Judge decided that he was irreplaceable, which influenced how they wrote the rest of the first season.

Unless they can completely write him out with something like moving to his private island so that the Monica character does all his talking for him, they are going to have to recast him. Welch played the part perfectly, but I think Judge's hands are tied by the necessity of the character.

Exactly. Welch played the part perfectly. They might have a more difficult time re-casting than writing him off the show.

The actor who plays Big Head is in Big Bang Theory sometimes.

I like how that tall guy from the Office plays almost the same exact character.

I watched the first episode and it was just barely enough to convince me to watch the second. I watched the second, and I was a little bit more convinced to watch the third. After the third I was into it and by season finale, I love it.

lol maybe I need to keep going then I got through episode one and part of two it seems close to good but just not good enough.

Incredibly smart and realistic take on Silicon Valley. Up there among my favorite comedy series' of all time, most of which are all HBO exclusives as well

I like how that tall guy from the Office plays almost the same exact character.

Me too. He's the most underrated part of the Office and one of the highlights in the later seasons. He's hilarious in everything.

I loved it.

I think the funniest scene was when the old guy drove over to kick Richard's ass and they all just started chanting their own names haha.

that's terrible, I loved his character. Damn damn damn

I watched the first episode and it was just barely enough to convince me to watch the second. I watched the second, and I was a little bit more convinced to watch the third. After the third I was into it and by season finale, I love it.

this is exactly how i felt about it.

Really liked it a lot, and I haven't liked a new comedy in a long ass time.

This scene killed me when I watched the finale:

as well as "gabe" from the office's pale, scary face asking people insane survey questions and repeating "which one....which one?...which one?" while waiting for an answer as they looked at him terrified.

I was surprised PRIDE was mentioned. Shit caught me off guard.

Same here. When he said that I thought to myself "was he really talking about Pride FC?!". My wife and I watch the show and we both love it. It's funny and an interesting look into a new phenomenon of newly wealthy silicon valley tech nerds.

When was that? I must have missed it.

I like the show. Its not GREAT, but definitely watchable and has its moments. I'll keep watching if they keep producing. I like the actor that used to be the skinny kid on Freaks and Geeks and was on Party Down.

I was worried at first that it would get on my nerves with the silicon valley stereotypes. I generally can't stand that elements of that culture, even in parody. And I was afraid they would skimp on character development in order to hammer home the silicon valley-ness.

But I was very pleased that they did more character development then I thought they would. And the last episode as well as the Chuy episode were ridiculously funny.

Definitely looking forward to next season.

I was thinking they could just keep the character but you never see him again. Like have the crew waiting for a meeting with him and never get in. Or jokes about how his social media presence is constantly growing but no one has physically seen him in a while.

The first few were good but wasn't sure I would be a full-fledged fan. But now after watching the entire season, I'm fully on-board. The finale was probably the funniest episode of the lot. And kudos to the writers for referencing PRIDE. Fuck yeah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back