Silicon Valley: Season 1 in Review

sub_thug

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
With Season 1 of Mike Judge's Silicon Valley in the books, just wanted to see who's been watching and what people are thinking about it.

Personally, I loved it so far. The characters are over-the-top and raunchy, but they've been really enjoyable spectacles. Unlike The Big Bang Theory (which to me feels like watching a bunch of whiny nerd caricatures), this show uses its tech platform well. The fledgling company of Pied Piper is just the vehicle that moves the plot, making sure that the show is still about the characters. I am looking forward to next season. Given that this season didn't get a whole lot of buzz, I'm hoping that there are still more seasons to come.

i just watched my first episode this past sunday (which coincidentally is the season finale?)

not bad, might go back and check the rest of the episodes

I was surprised PRIDE was mentioned. Shit caught me off guard.

I loved it. Erlich was fucking hilarious. Was sad to hear about the Peter Gregory actor passing, he was great too.

I was surprised PRIDE was mentioned. Shit caught me off guard.

Same here. When he said that I thought to myself "was he really talking about Pride FC?!". My wife and I watch the show and we both love it. It's funny and an interesting look into a new phenomenon of newly wealthy silicon valley tech nerds.

I completely agree. Erlich is the man. I missed hearing that the Peter Gregory actor died. That's a shame. Given how important that character is to the show, they're probably going to have to recast him.

I watched the first episode and it was just barely enough to convince me to watch the second. I watched the second, and I was a little bit more convinced to watch the third. After the third I was into it and by season finale, I love it.

Erlich's beard annoys the fuck out of me. Other than that I love the guy.

The dick scene was gold.

I wasn't really into it the first time I saw the first episode. But then I decided to just marathon the first 5 episodes and it really grew on me. It was almost like a very long movie. I'm really sad Peter Gregory's actor died. In some ways I don't want them to replace him but I was really intrigued by his and Gavin's history.

My wife and I watched the season together and both enjoyed it. If it was an hour episode it might get old. Think the half hour format fits great with that kinda comedy. Looking forward to next season.

Yeah, I thought it started off kind of slow. After the first episode, I was thinking about whether I wanted to keep watching it but I did because I generally love Mike Judge's comedies. Glad I stuck with it.

When Ulrich slapped that kid in the face and threw his bike into some bushes, I laughed so hard tears were rolling down my cheek.

[YT]7SSvM9lzYV0[/YT]

"You just brought piss to a shitfight you little ****" Lmfao.

I love the shit out of this series. I love the Indian guy that plays Dinesh and the comedian that plays Erlich in other things too. The Indian guy is in Portlandia quite a bit, too. Gilfoyl, who was also in Freaks and Geeks, was also pretty good.

RIP Peter Gregory. I didn't know the actor died but he was very funny on the show.

I love the shit out of this series. I love the Indian guy that plays Dinesh and the comedian that plays Erlich in other things too. The Indian guy is in Portlandia quite a bit, too. Gilfoyl, who was also in Freaks and Geeks, was also pretty good.

RIP Peter Gregory. I didn't know the actor died but he was very funny on the show.

The guy who plays Erlich, TJ Miller, plays the guy holding the camera throughout Cloverfield.

The guy who plays Erlich, TJ Miller, plays the guy holding the camera throughout Cloverfield.

Yup. His voice is unmistakable.

He is also in My Idiot Brother and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.

Erlich's beard annoys the fuck out of me. Other than that I love the guy.

The dick scene was gold.

I think the point of the beard is to establish that he's a douchebag, even though he became pretty likeable as the season progressed.

Anyway, I really liked it, the low stakes, generally good natured humor was a nice counterweight to Game of Thrones.

I'd have to say that my favorite moment in the series so far has been Erlich's speech at the semi-finals two weeks ago. After he goes through the whole speech in the back about how he banged the judge's new wife (after all that lead-up about how he was worried because he had banged the old one), he gets out on stage, delivers about 8 seconds of the most over-the-top presentation that any company had yet given, and then get tackled and mugged on stage. I fell out of bed laughing.

Of course, the dick scene and Erlich's baseless smear campaign against Gavin from the finale were fantastic moments as well.

I completely agree. Erlich is the man. I missed hearing that the Peter Gregory actor died. That's a shame. Given how important that character is to the show, they're probably going to have to recast him.

wait , what???? He died?

Back