Economy Shutdown near-miss illustrates Washington erectile dysfunction

I wanna know just how big @LeonardoBjj LEGO pic folder is. Also I wonder what his wife/girlfriend thinks when she checks is computer and finds a folder with a ton of LEGO pix...
images

‘Let’s have that fight’: McCarthy and Gaetz go to war over shutdown deal

Far-right congressman says he will move to oust Kevin McCarthy as speaker over deal to avert shutdown to ‘rip the Bandaid off’

Simmering hostility between Republicans over the bipartisan deal that averted a government shutdown descended into open political warfare on Sunday, a rightwing congressman saying he would move to oust Kevin McCarthy and the embattled House speaker insisting he would survive.

“We need to rip off the Bandaid. We need to move on with new leadership that can be trustworthy,” the Florida representative Matt Gaetz told CNN’s State of the Union, saying he would file a “motion to vacate” in the next few days.

McCarthy, Gaetz said, lied about “a secret deal” struck with Democrats to later pass money for Ukraine that was left out of the compromise agreement, and misled Republicans about working with the opposition at all.

The bill keeping the government funded for 47 days passed the House on Saturday night 335-91, 209 Democrats joining 126 Republicans in support. It cleared the Senate 88-9 and was signed by Joe Biden.

In remarks at the White House on Sunday, Biden said the measure extending funding until 17 November, and including $16bn in disaster aid, prevented “a needless crisis”.

But, Biden said: “The truth is we shouldn’t be here in the first place. It’s time to end governing by crisis and keep your word when you give it in the Congress. I fully expect the speaker to keep his commitment to secure the passage of support needed to help Ukraine as they defend themselves against aggression.”

Asked if he expected McCarthy to stand up to extremists, Biden replied: “I hope this experience for the speaker has been one of personal revelation.”

McCarthy hit back at Gaetz, branding him a showman “more interested in securing TV interviews” than keeping government functioning.

“I’ll survive,” McCarthy told CBS’s Face the Nation. “You know, this is personal with Matt. He wanted to push us into a shutdown, even threatening his own district with all the military people there who would not be paid.

“… So be it. Bring it on. Let’s get it over with it, and let’s start governing. If he’s upset because he tried to push us into shutdown and I made sure the government didn’t shut down, then let’s have that fight.”

Gaetz said he would no longer hold to an agreement made in January to support McCarthy in exchange for concessions including a hard position on federal funding. That deal included a loosening of rules to allow a single member to file a motion to vacate, the beginning of the process to remove a speaker.

“The only way Kevin McCarthy is speaker of the House at the end of this coming week is if Democrats bail him out, and they probably will,” said Gaetz.

“I’m done owning Kevin McCarthy. We made a deal in January to allow him to assume the speakership and I’m not owning him any more because he doesn’t tell the truth. And so if Democrats want to own Kevin McCarthy by bailing him out I can’t stop them. But then he’ll be their speaker, not mine.”

McCarthy would need 218 votes to keep his job. Some senior Democrats said they would not vote to save him and would back the minority leader, Hakeem Jeffries, instead.

“Kevin McCarthy is very weak speaker,” Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York told CNN, saying she would support Gaetz’s motion.

McCarthy “has clearly has lost control of his caucus. He has brought the US and millions of Americans to the brink, waiting until the final hour to keep the government open and even then only issuing a 4[7]-day extension. We’re going to be right back in this place in November.”

Speaking to reporters on Saturday, Jeffries said the deal represented a “total surrender by rightwing extremists”.

Republicans loyal to McCarthy also attacked Gaetz and the rightwing House Freedom Caucus for their “destructive” pledge to oust the speaker.

“What I just heard was a diatribe of delusional thinking,” Mike Lawler of New York told ABC’s This Week. “They are the reason we had to work together with House Democrats. That is not the fault of Kevin McCarthy, that’s the fault of Matt Gaetz. He’s mealy mouthed and, frankly, duplicitous.”

Relations between the speaker and Gaetz reached a new low with a testy confrontation in a meeting on Thursday. Gaetz accused McCarthy of orchestrating a social media campaign against him, the speaker saying he did not rate the congressman highly enough to do so.

On Sunday, Gaetz insisted “this is about keeping Kevin McCarthy to his word, it’s not about any personal animosity”.

Gaetz claimed McCarthy reached a “secret deal”, promising to introduce a standalone bill to continue funding Ukraine’s efforts to repel Russian invaders.

A growing number of Republicans object to the US helping pay for the war. Gaetz said: “However you think about [Ukraine funding], it should be subject to open review [and] analysis, and not backroom deals, so I have to file a motion to vacate against speaker McCarthy this week.”

On ABC, Gaetz said he did not expect to have enough votes to remove McCarthy immediately, “but I might have them before the 15th ballot”, an allusion to the time it took to elect the speaker in January.

“I am relentless, and I will continue to pursue this objective,” Gaetz said. “And if all the American people see is that it is a uni-party that governs them, always the Biden, McCarthy, Jeffries government that makes dispositive decisions on spending, then I am seeding the fields of future primary contests to get better Republicans in Washington.”

Shalanda Young, Biden’s budget director, blamed Republicans for bringing the government to the verge of a shutdown, and urged Congress to take a longer-term view.

“We need to start today to make sure that we do not have this brinkmanship, last-minute anxiousness of the American people,” she told ABC. “Let’s do our jobs to not have this happen again. Let’s have full-year funding bills at the end of these 47 days.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...tz-kevin-mccarthy-house-speaker-shutdown-deal

looks like the maga trash are mad about their party being dysfunctional and unfit to govern and once again having to turn to the democrats just to help them clean up their mess. now that one maga slut who likes to be groped and feel others up around children inside of a public theater , and that other fine heap of maga trash from florida who is the only person in congress to have asked for a pardon for sex trafficking are gonna file to remove kevin mccarthy from speakership, and it looks like the democrats are gonna go along with it just for shits and giggles and to try to get hakeem jeffries in.

B116CCB71A964755D3DFF47E6677E94C363BBF98

i wonder how many vote sessions it will take this time for these chucklefucks just to find a leader within their own party?

. theyre about to have their vote to remove kevin mccarthy from speakership any moment now.

this topic should be thread worthy but as a practicing pastafarian it goes against my religion to create threads in the month of october. maybe someone else wants to help me out here..

‘Let’s have that fight’: McCarthy and Gaetz go to war over shutdown deal

Far-right congressman says he will move to oust Kevin McCarthy as speaker over deal to avert shutdown to ‘rip the Bandaid off’

Simmering hostility between Republicans over the bipartisan deal that averted a government shutdown descended into open political warfare on Sunday, a rightwing congressman saying he would move to oust Kevin McCarthy and the embattled House speaker insisting he would survive.

“We need to rip off the Bandaid. We need to move on with new leadership that can be trustworthy,” the Florida representative Matt Gaetz told CNN’s State of the Union, saying he would file a “motion to vacate” in the next few days.

McCarthy, Gaetz said, lied about “a secret deal” struck with Democrats to later pass money for Ukraine that was left out of the compromise agreement, and misled Republicans about working with the opposition at all.

The bill keeping the government funded for 47 days passed the House on Saturday night 335-91, 209 Democrats joining 126 Republicans in support. It cleared the Senate 88-9 and was signed by Joe Biden.

In remarks at the White House on Sunday, Biden said the measure extending funding until 17 November, and including $16bn in disaster aid, prevented “a needless crisis”.

But, Biden said: “The truth is we shouldn’t be here in the first place. It’s time to end governing by crisis and keep your word when you give it in the Congress. I fully expect the speaker to keep his commitment to secure the passage of support needed to help Ukraine as they defend themselves against aggression.”

Asked if he expected McCarthy to stand up to extremists, Biden replied: “I hope this experience for the speaker has been one of personal revelation.”

McCarthy hit back at Gaetz, branding him a showman “more interested in securing TV interviews” than keeping government functioning.

“I’ll survive,” McCarthy told CBS’s Face the Nation. “You know, this is personal with Matt. He wanted to push us into a shutdown, even threatening his own district with all the military people there who would not be paid.

“… So be it. Bring it on. Let’s get it over with it, and let’s start governing. If he’s upset because he tried to push us into shutdown and I made sure the government didn’t shut down, then let’s have that fight.”

Gaetz said he would no longer hold to an agreement made in January to support McCarthy in exchange for concessions including a hard position on federal funding. That deal included a loosening of rules to allow a single member to file a motion to vacate, the beginning of the process to remove a speaker.

“The only way Kevin McCarthy is speaker of the House at the end of this coming week is if Democrats bail him out, and they probably will,” said Gaetz.

“I’m done owning Kevin McCarthy. We made a deal in January to allow him to assume the speakership and I’m not owning him any more because he doesn’t tell the truth. And so if Democrats want to own Kevin McCarthy by bailing him out I can’t stop them. But then he’ll be their speaker, not mine.”

McCarthy would need 218 votes to keep his job. Some senior Democrats said they would not vote to save him and would back the minority leader, Hakeem Jeffries, instead.

“Kevin McCarthy is very weak speaker,” Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York told CNN, saying she would support Gaetz’s motion.

McCarthy “has clearly has lost control of his caucus. He has brought the US and millions of Americans to the brink, waiting until the final hour to keep the government open and even then only issuing a 4[7]-day extension. We’re going to be right back in this place in November.”

Speaking to reporters on Saturday, Jeffries said the deal represented a “total surrender by rightwing extremists”.

Republicans loyal to McCarthy also attacked Gaetz and the rightwing House Freedom Caucus for their “destructive” pledge to oust the speaker.

“What I just heard was a diatribe of delusional thinking,” Mike Lawler of New York told ABC’s This Week. “They are the reason we had to work together with House Democrats. That is not the fault of Kevin McCarthy, that’s the fault of Matt Gaetz. He’s mealy mouthed and, frankly, duplicitous.”

Relations between the speaker and Gaetz reached a new low with a testy confrontation in a meeting on Thursday. Gaetz accused McCarthy of orchestrating a social media campaign against him, the speaker saying he did not rate the congressman highly enough to do so.

On Sunday, Gaetz insisted “this is about keeping Kevin McCarthy to his word, it’s not about any personal animosity”.

Gaetz claimed McCarthy reached a “secret deal”, promising to introduce a standalone bill to continue funding Ukraine’s efforts to repel Russian invaders.

A growing number of Republicans object to the US helping pay for the war. Gaetz said: “However you think about [Ukraine funding], it should be subject to open review [and] analysis, and not backroom deals, so I have to file a motion to vacate against speaker McCarthy this week.”

On ABC, Gaetz said he did not expect to have enough votes to remove McCarthy immediately, “but I might have them before the 15th ballot”, an allusion to the time it took to elect the speaker in January.

“I am relentless, and I will continue to pursue this objective,” Gaetz said. “And if all the American people see is that it is a uni-party that governs them, always the Biden, McCarthy, Jeffries government that makes dispositive decisions on spending, then I am seeding the fields of future primary contests to get better Republicans in Washington.”

Shalanda Young, Biden’s budget director, blamed Republicans for bringing the government to the verge of a shutdown, and urged Congress to take a longer-term view.

“We need to start today to make sure that we do not have this brinkmanship, last-minute anxiousness of the American people,” she told ABC. “Let’s do our jobs to not have this happen again. Let’s have full-year funding bills at the end of these 47 days.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...tz-kevin-mccarthy-house-speaker-shutdown-deal

looks like the maga trash are mad about their party being dysfunctional and unfit to govern and once again having to turn to the democrats just to help them clean up their mess. now that one maga slut who likes to be groped and feel others up around children inside of a public theater , and that other fine heap of maga trash from florida who is the only person in congress to have asked for a pardon for sex trafficking are gonna file to remove kevin mccarthy from speakership, and it looks like the democrats are gonna go along with it just for shits and giggles and to try to get hakeem jeffries in.

B116CCB71A964755D3DFF47E6677E94C363BBF98

i wonder how many vote sessions it will take this time for these chucklefucks just to find a leader within their own party?
Matt Gaetz is showing the fraud squad how to actually stand up to leadership. Even if he is a fraud himself.

I don't pay much attention to these debt limits things but are they happening more frequently or is it just me?

Seems like it is since the start of the Obama administration. It's a valid concern but the economy under Trump was also booming and they sure as hell weren't doing any massive spending cuts. Just massive spending. So it's hard to take Republicans seriously when they whinge about spending.

Matt Gaetz is showing the fraud squad how to actually stand up to leadership. Even if he is a fraud himself.

by throwing his shit at the wall and grandstanding for attention because him and only 9 other people within his own party are mad at kevin mccarthy? by bringing congress to a standstill and doing nothing at all for the country or its citizen while they sit on their hands and tear their own roof down?

let him fight though. from the other side of the aisle the republicans dysfunction is really something to watch. this is their problem. let them fight!

Either vote on each issue in a separate bill or give the president the authority of the line item veto.

These bills are a scam. They have so much shit in them that hurts the American people. The writers of the bill know it and when other members of Congress try to block the bills because of the hidden stuff in them that hurts people, the media points the finger and blames them for holding up progress.

The entire system is one huge scam.

by throwing his shit at the wall and grandstanding for attention because him and only 9 other people within his own party are mad at kevin mccarthy? by bringing congress to a standstill and doing nothing at all for the country or its citizen while they sit on their hands and tear their own roof down?

let him fight though. from the other side of the aisle the republicans dysfunction is really something to watch. this is their problem. let them fight!
Whether or not you agree with Gaetz's politics, he stood up to leadership. The fraud squad said they would and didn't.

Whether or not you agree with Gaetz's politics, he stood up to leadership. The fraud squad said they would and didn't.

the only thing that matt gaetz has ever stood up against was a bill to protect victims against sex trafficking, and an anti-human trafficking bill which he was the only member of congress to vote against.

what a charmer.

the only thing that matt gaetz has ever stood up against was a bill to protect victims against sex trafficking, and an anti-human trafficking bill which he was the only member of congress to vote against.

what a charmer.
I've called Gaetz a fraud, a charlatan and perv amongst other things multiple times on this very board. The fact that people can't seem to understand what I'm saying is hilarious.

I've called Gaetz a fraud, a charlatan and perv amongst other things multiple times on this very board. The fact that people can't seem to understand what I'm saying is hilarious.

@idrankyourbeer is a blabbering drunk, leave him be.

McCarthy is a prototypical, pro-war Rino. If it wasn't apparent during his confirmation that he didn't have full support of the House, its apparent now. He's vanilla and doesn't inspire any leadership... But who in the House Republicans does?

And like it or not, there's a huge number of Americans paying close attention to the massive amount of money being sent to Ukraine and how our illegal immigration crisis is being ignored by Biden. And it doesn't take a Columbo to put the pieces together to connect Biden and Ukraine going all the way back to 2014.

Blue cities are now feeling the impact of the huge number of immigrants just being let in. Ukraine has zero impact on the daily lives of middle to lower income families... but this immigration crisis certainly does. And honestly, that's what really matters in the end. Be careful fucking around with people's lives and ability to make money.

Here's Biden attempting to discuss the recent Budget Deal... And this is why his Handlers don't allow Bdien to take questions or go off script. Biden clearly isn't in charge of changing his own diapers at this point, forget running the country.

At least Bush had Cheney to help run things... Cheney might have been corrupt war hawk, but the dude was cold as fuck and know how to run things.

Biden has.....

Kamala

OMG. Who the fuck is really running the country right now. Because its not Biden and no one with half a brain would put Kamala in charge of even Kindergarten class.

Back