Shoyoroll Batch 8- The White Mamba Detailed Review

Can the sizing of the white mamba be compared with the golden state?

I've noticed the same stitching issues on my goldenstate and a training partners white mamba. Previous shoyoroll owners have said their stitching was perfect so I wasn't very pleased.

yeah the stitching is the same from GS to Mamba, I gotta say....the pants in batch 8 are complete crap. I've had my Mamba (I like the gi a lot) for about a week and the belt loops are already coming off. I'm just going to reinforce them myself but it is a bid ridiculous. Honestly, it probably doesn't even matter since all their gis will get bought out anyway but it does make me wonder a bit. The difference in pants between batch 7 and 8 is pretty big, the ripstop is complete junk in my opinion...not a fan whatsoever. The stitching on my Mamba is just really not worth the money I paid for it, belt loops that can be EASILY torn off and jagged lines all over...I mean come on guys. You have produced some AMAZING gis, this one is not so amazing although it does look very pretty.

The Mamba is a bit bigger than the Golden State. The GS also shrank a little more. My GS fits perfectly and is the gi I compete in. My Mamba is a tad bit bigger and doesnot feel the same. Also, I agree. I think the GS pants are the PERFECT pants. The Mamba pants are still good, just not of the same caliber as the last. Here is my reviews of both the Golden State and the Mamba. You can also see my reviews of the Black Star (batch #4 as well as the 7th Son)

Shoyoroll Batch #7 Golden State Review Live the Jiu-Jitsu Lifestyle

Shoyoroll Batch #8 White Mamba Review Live the Jiu-Jitsu Lifestyle

The Mamba is a bit bigger than the Golden State. The GS also shrank a little more. My GS fits perfectly and is the gi I compete in. My Mamba is a tad bit bigger and doesnot feel the same. Also, I agree. I think the GS pants are the PERFECT pants. The Mamba pants are still good, just not of the same caliber as the last. Here is my reviews of both the Golden State and the Mamba. You can also see my reviews of the Black Star (batch #4 as well as the 7th Son)

Shoyoroll Batch #7 Golden State Review Live the Jiu-Jitsu Lifestyle

Shoyoroll Batch #8 White Mamba Review Live the Jiu-Jitsu Lifestyle

that's odd, My Mamba is smaller than my much worn GS (both nothing but cold wash and hung dry). that is sort of strange.

Just got my shoyoroll batch 8 , and the sizing is crap ... i ordered A2 i am 5"9 and 160 its so big i can swim in it I have A3 Fuji and gameness A2 , but this is insane its like A4 size .
Wow its so so disappointing waited 6 month for the Gi .
Sorry Shoyoroll never buying your Gis Again .

Just got my shoyoroll batch 8 , and the sizing is crap ... i ordered A2 i am 5"9 and 160 its so big i can swim in it I have A3 Fuji and gameness A2 , but this is insane its like A4 size .

You would fit an A1 nicely

You would fit an A1 nicely

Yep. An A1 washed on cold and air dried would probably be just right. It's the one thing above everything else that I think SYR have got wrong on pretty much all their batches. I ended up selling my two Batch 6 gis because even after multiple washes at 70c and about 3 inches of shrinkage they were still too big. The A1 was more like A1 and a half even after all that.

Personally I think a $160 gi should be preshrunk. Too much money to spend when you have to keep your fingers crossed that it'll fit. At the very least, SYR need to tighten up on the sizing and provide more guidance on fit/size, like providing basic measurements and shrinkage rates. Other companies can do this...

James

after washing or before?

i've seen on multiple occasions where syr says their Gi's run large...if you haven't tried shrinking that Gi, I'de do so...wash in cold first, then run in dryer on hot and check it in 10-15 minute intervals...if it get's dry and still too large, then wash in hot and do the dryer with the same routine.

my A2 shrunk up very nice...and i only washed in cold and dried on hot for one cycle.

and, there are plenty of other gi's that sell for the same or more that aren't preshrunk...

i've seen on multiple occasions where syr says their Gi's run large

Yep, but what I don't get is why they then don't adjust the pattern and solve the issue.

there are plenty of other gi's that sell for the same or more that aren't preshrunk...

Very true, and I think that's crap as well.

James

I call B.S., I'm your size and the A2s are not that big. I can shrink them down and they fit great. I prefer a tighter gi so I get A1's. And it's not like you haven't seen on numerous threads/facebook of people saying their stats and what Gi size to get.

Personally I think a $160 gi should be preshrunk. Too much money to spend when you have to keep your fingers crossed that it'll fit. At the very least, SYR need to tighten up on the sizing and provide more guidance on fit/size, like providing basic measurements and shrinkage rates. Other companies can do this...

James

They're constantly answering questions on sizing, people should have it down by now.

Yep, but what I don't get is why they then don't adjust the pattern and solve the issue.

Very true, and I think that's crap as well.

James

i don't see what needs adjusting...they run large. if you're at the bottom of their size chart for an A2, then go with an A1.

if all else fails, send them your measurements via facebook and you'll get an answer.

I call B.S., I'm your size and the A2s are not that big. I can shrink them down and they fit great. I prefer a tighter gi so I get A1's. And it's not like you haven't seen on numerous threads/facebook of people saying their stats and what Gi size to get.

They're constantly answering questions on sizing, people should have it down by now.

When i order it , 6 month a go i didnt even know they got Facebook , so please a company like SYR need to make a Gis like should be , the size is way to big , i don't want to shrink it cause if it want shrink like i want ,i will not able to send it back to BUDO.
Il try to sell it .
By the way how much do you think it will shrink when i wear it i cant even see my fingers from the sleeves.

When i order it , 6 month a go i didnt even know they got Facebook , so please a company like SYR need to make a Gis like should be , the size is way to big , i don't want to shrink it cause if it want shrink like i want ,i will not able to send it back to BUDO.
Il try to sell it .
By the way how much do you think it will shrink when i wear it i cant even see my fingers from the sleeves.

if you can't see your fingers, then you fucked up...not syr. when spending $100+ on a Gi, a good idea would be to do a little research.

i don't see what needs adjusting...they run large. if you're at the bottom of their size chart for an A2, then go with an A1.

But if they're almost so large that they're an entire size up? Come on...

If I can buy an A1 in pretty much any other brand and it fit fine after regular washing, but with an SYR I have to boil the shit out of it to get it to even come close, then to me that's poor sizing. My A2 Fuji was smaller then the SYR.

if all else fails, send them your measurements via facebook and you'll get an answer.

Yep, Bear is always helpful, but he could save himself some work by either adjusting the sizing of the actual gis, or at the very least providing a bit more info regarding shrinkage etc. Sure, people will still ask questions, but it might at least save some people from being disappointed when their gi arrives and it fits them poorly.

James

Il try to sell it .

No, you should've asked questions about the gi's first. Not every gi fits the same. There are plenty of reviews on the Gi's and you obviously know what's up with them so you can't say you didn't know they ran big.

Also there is no way you are 5'9, 160 pounds and you can't see your fingers in those sleeves. Not possible unless you have midget arms.

But if they're almost so large that they're an entire size up? Come on...

If I can buy an A1 in pretty much any other brand and it fit fine after regular washing, but with an SYR I have to boil the shit out of it to get it to even come close, then to me that's poor sizing. My A2 Fuji was smaller then the SYR.

Yep, Bear is always helpful, but he could save himself some work by either adjusting the sizing of the actual gis, or at the very least providing a bit more info regarding shrinkage etc. Sure, people will still ask questions, but it might at least save some people from being disappointed when their gi arrives and it fits them poorly.

James

I'm not trying to be a douche about it, but they put the sizing chart out there and they answer most questions on sizing. If they don't then other people who are the same size answer. They're not your typical GI company so you shouldn't expect them to be like everyone else. Also, if you know you're an A1 in every other brand, wouldn't you be an A0 in Shoyoroll Gi's? I'm an A2 in every other brand but I buy both A1's and A2's in Shoyoroll. Depends on if I want a training GI or a comp GI.

I'm not trying to be a douche about it, but they put the sizing chart out there and they answer most questions on sizing. If they don't then other people who are the same size answer. They're not your typical GI company so you shouldn't expect them to be like everyone else. Also, if you know you're an A1 in every other brand, wouldn't you be an A0 in Shoyoroll Gi's? I'm an A2 in every other brand but I buy both A1's and A2's in Shoyoroll. Depends on if I want a training GI or a comp GI.

I know what you're saying, but it took me buying an A1 SYR to work out that I was actually an A0. My batch 4 A1 fits pretty good, but the batch 6s were a bit bigger. And here's the size chart for the Yank.

Size Height Weight
A00 4

Back