Shoyoroll Batch 8- The White Mamba Detailed Review

Very informative thread!
May have to think twice next time I get a shot at one of their Gis...
for the prices they fetch (even before getting ebay gouged) they'd better be damn near perfect.

Nomis,

If you have not got a replay w/in a day. Email me direct and I will be sure we help you out.

email [email protected] or message me.

Thanks

I have now had a reply from Shoyoroll and they have agreed to send a replacement.

I have now had a reply from Shoyoroll and they have agreed to send a replacement.

good deal, that's how companies earn business...take a "problem" and turn it in to an "opportunity"!

i'm betting that this stitching issue is a rare occurrence when looking at the batch as a whole...

yes they do have great customer service... I have experience that first hand. Had a problem with my 7th son... within 2 days I had a response and within a week I had a replacement.

Are the pants still strong? I know people haven't had them for long, but how do they feel?

Great review dude...

Can i just add that Shoyorolls customer service is second to NONE!!

According to the dude who started this thread they were ignoring him. Then this little thread popped up on the Internets and they popped in to play customer service since everyone is watching.

That's the way im seeing it. Regardless though, I would like to see what they do for him and how the replacement Gi looks.

the pants are still strong. The ripstop is a good material and I have not had a problem with them as of yet,... but I have only rolled in them 4-5 times... I think they are still good pants... Just not what I was expecting from Shoyoroll.

As for their customer service... when I had my issue with the 7th son... I messaged Vince on facebook and then emailed them directly upon their request and was taken care of in less than 3 days time. They have great customer service in my experience.

I love my mamba but the stitching is def a little messy in some areas. It's a little ugly in some spots to be honest, on the back specifically. It seems like this is the case for the whole batch, several in this thread and I have a brand new one in the bag i'm selling that has the same thing with the stitching. Maybe I never noticed it before with other gis but if they can get the stitching perfected, the gi will be second to none.

the pants are still strong. The ripstop is a good material and I have not had a problem with them as of yet,... but I have only rolled in them 4-5 times... I think they are still good pants... Just not what I was expecting from Shoyoroll.

As for their customer service... when I had my issue with the 7th son... I messaged Vince on facebook and then emailed them directly upon their request and was taken care of in less than 3 days time. They have great customer service in my experience.

I love my mamba but the stitching is def a little messy in some areas. It's a little ugly in some spots to be honest, on the back specifically. It seems like this is the case for the whole batch, several in this thread and I have a brand new one in the bag i'm selling that has the same thing with the stitching. Maybe I never noticed it before with other gis but if they can get the stitching perfected, the gi will be second to none.

Have either of you noticed significant shrinking?

I wear and A2 and I usually cold wash and through mine in the drier and it comes out perfect. Yes, the gi will shrink if you dry it. It did not shrink as much as I thought it would but it still did shrink. I would not call it significant but I did get it to shorten the sleeves by about a half inch to inch I would suppose... maybe less. The pants as well. It shrinks just like any other gi would. It does not shrink like the comp 450 did though... That think shrivled up like no other... especially the pants.

So to answer you question... as long as you are careful with it and if it doesnt fit right strait out of the bag, then just dry it in 5-10 minute increments... pulling it out after each little stint and check it... but dont worry about it shrinking a full size.

Mine is a bit long for my liking as I think this batch came out a bit bigger than the last few have as I have all A2 and they all fit really well. But I also have access to an A1 in the Mamba and it fits me great length wise but I could not shrink it at all and it would not be comp legal for me in the arms (the slack going down the length of the arm).

I am also 5'8 about 170-175.

According to the dude who started this thread they were ignoring him. Then this little thread popped up on the Internets and they popped in to play customer service since everyone is watching.

That's the way im seeing it. Regardless though, I would like to see what they do for him and how the replacement Gi looks.

Not what happened at all... I only contacted Vince after this thread was made and id had time to think about it, he then replied in about 30mins via private email....Im sure he coulda done it on the open forum for everyone to see.

Vince gave me several options, none of which i accepted due to logistics (im from the UK) but i was happy with the response i got and in my opinion that made up for it and i was satisfied with his efforts.

So the stitchins a bit wonky after geting over the initial disapointment im over it...

hey guys can you shrink the crap out of this gi? is its shrinkage similar to the goldenstate?

I've noticed the same stitching issues on my goldenstate and a training partners white mamba. Previous shoyoroll owners have said their stitching was perfect so I wasn't very pleased.

Back