What about?

HW Limit - 270
LHW Limit - 220
MW Limit - 195
WW Limit - 170
LW Limit - 150
FW Limit - 135
BW Limit - 125

Is 15lbs too much for the gap between LW and FW? I don't know if this would be good or bad...just throwing something out there for discussion.
220lbs LHW would only weaken the HW division.

I didn't read those, I just plucked two that had titles that seemed like they would be good summaries - I can pm you the podcasts that a couple MMA reporters did detailing everything that they talked about over the course of the meeting

Don't worry about it, I'll take your word for it. Good that they are discussing these things anyway.

Is say what every InvictcaFC is doing the UFC should just copy it.
I wish UFC would have acquired Invicta before they were bought out by WME-IMG to be honest
And kept it the same, just put some of their cards on free TV - and haeve some WMMA stars fight on major UFC cards and the rest onUFC-Invicta

I wish UFC would have acquired Invicta before they were bought out by WME-IMG to be honest
And kept it the same, just put some of their cards on free TV - and haeve some WMMA stars fight on major UFC cards and the rest onUFC-Invicta

That would have worked well. But at this point, I don't think I would have minded if Invicta had just been absorbed completely. The move would have may benefits: It would have filled out a weak UFC WBW division, Made the UFC women's straw weight division one of the best, The additions of an atomweight and flyweight division would allow athletes to choose the more appropriate weight class for themselves, and the absorption of their featherweight division would remove any excuse Cyborg has about fighting.

They should change the weight classes to 1lb, 2 lb, and 3 lb then nobody can make weight and we don't have to have good cards saddled by shitty WMMA
<{danawhoah}>Misogynist detected. White knights approaching.

Actually all these things were talked about this year
And many of these changes will take affect next year
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...-changes-to-mma-scoring-criteria-new-rules-in
New weight classes will take at least a couple though, the UFC can pick and choose which ones they want to use and they'll probably wait until a new TV deal is firmly in place and they have enough fighters to fill new classes.

12-6 elbows will be looked at in more details next year, there's a plan in place for removing them slowly http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/4...to-discuss-12-to-6-elbows-instant-replay-next

There was an interview with Big John a couple weeks ago where he also mentioned that they're going to make it illegal to extend your fingers the way Jones does.

Edit: Here's the thread I started on it with a link to the interview and my own breakdown/summary of what BJM talked about:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/big-john-interview-rule-changes.3401187/

Cliffs/TLDR

1. Referee will have discretion to take a point if a fighter extends his fingers toward his opponent's eye (BJM specifically mentions Jones);

2. Grounded Fighter rule modified to require two hands on the ground if the fighter is on his feet (rather than just reaching down and touching a finger to the mat).

3. Working on clarifying scoring of 10-8 and 10-7 rounds. Says there will be a lot more 10-8s and more draws. He does not expect more 10-10 rounds.

4. Says he wants to get rid of the 12-6 elbow rule, explains how it came to be, and how it's supposed to be enforced.

5. Talks about entertainment versus sport and why he doesn't like to stand fights up when the fighter on the bottom is the one stalling by locking up his guard. But he will stand a fight up if the fighter on top is stalling, even if he's in side control (if he's stalling/not working).

6. Originally no comments on Roy Nelson, then says as far he's concerned it's over.

7. Says he doesn't care if Jones doesn't like his energy and that he doesn't care if Jones wins or loses fights, he's just going to keep doing his job. He says Jones might be the P4P best ever that he's seen.

8. Referee pay is terrible. He made $700 for Cain/JDS 1.

That would have worked well. But at this point, I don't think I would have minded if Invicta had just been absorbed completely. The move would have may benefits: It would have filled out a weak UFC WBW division, Made the UFC women's straw weight division one of the best, The additions of an atomweight and flyweight division would allow athletes to choose the more appropriate weight class for themselves, and the absorption of their featherweight division would remove any excuse Cyborg has about fighting.

Actually this would mean I'd have to watch more women's fights, so never mind.

They need to create 115 lb weight class for men and a atomweight 105 lb for women. And make heavyweight division from 205+up to 240lb and super heavy from 240+ to 275+.

They should change the weight classes to 1lb, 2 lb, and 3 lb then nobody can make weight and we don't have to have good cards saddled by shitty WMMA
For real WMMA was only interesting when Ronda was crushing cans and running from Cyborg. It was only good cuz we were all waiting for 'once ever' to fight someone remotely competent and get crushed. Now whoever says "X female fighter could beat half men's division" looks like a fool and this dangerous delusion that women could compete with men is over.

I like watching Cyborg but I'm not sure that is worth being saddled by all these 'smoke breaks'. Even worse is that there is legit talent outside the UFC that could easily fill up the spaces in the cards, from Askren, to Rory, to Kharitonov, to Khalidov, MVP and more. UFC is turning into a shitty company that is just looking to cut corners at every turn.

I guess, but barely enough talent for 3 weight class, let alone 4.

JJ could be good at 130lbs too imo.

+ "bigger" girl will need to move up.

145lbs would become pretty legit.

I "liked" your post, but it is VASTLY understated. I feel the need to add factual data to support the claim that you made and I SO completely agree with!

As of UFC 204 in 2016:
27 different women have competed at WSW (includes the one WFLW fight)
24 different women have competed at WBW (Including Cyborgs 145 pound fights)

A total of 51 women have competed in the UFC as of event 204.

Compare that to the UFC LW division (98 different male fighters have fought in 2016 up to UFC 204)
In the WW division 95 different males have competed in the octagon up to UFC 204.

The entire combined female UFC roster consists of 51 females (Including Cyborg). Over three weight classes that gives you 17 females per WC! You can't even have a top 20 ranking for females with even THREE WC'S!!!!!!!!!!

Four? WTF? That is less than 13 fighters per WC? LMAO!

Add to that the math that PROVES the UFC is TOTALLY unsustainable as it is!

This year (2016) there are 41 UFC fight cards scheduled. Out of EXTREME necessity, the average fights per card has raised from 12 to 13! Now the elementary math!

41 UFC events x 13 fights per event = 533 UFC fights
533 UFC fights x 2 fighters per fight = 1,066 total fight slots!

OK, so we have deduced the maximum number of fight slots that the UFC management is able to offer to their roster in a single year.

Now lets divide the total UFC fight slots by the total UFC roster. I obviously do not have the entire 2016 total as two events remain this year. That said, there were over 620 DIFFERENT MMA fighters that competed in the Octagon in 2015. The total for 2016 will almost CERTAINLY be larger, but for the sake of argument lets just use the smallest possible number of 620!

1,066 / 620 = 1.7 fights per year per fighter. This number however is inflated. There were numerous UFC cards in 2016 that did NOT have the 13 fights that we used in the calculation. When the final numbers are in, we will HIGHLY likely see that average number of UFC fights per roster fighters will sing below the 1.4 fights per year that UFC roster fighters could hope to get from management.

It is simple math folks. ZERO sustainability as a true sport given the data currently a reality!

Premise: When Zuffa bought the UFC and created the unified rules evolving NHB entertainment to the sport of MMA, they sold us a sport where title shots would be based on a viable ranking system. PERFECT! They offered their entire roster 3 fights per year to supply the ranking system (the only thing that make MMA a sport as opposed to a spectacle!) with enough empirical data to be functional!

The rise from 200 professional MMA fighters on the UFC roster to the 620+ hodge podge we have today simply cannot supply enough data to support ANY real ranking system!

There are several options to rectify the catastrophe that exponentially increasing the overall UFC roster with droves of F-tard wannabe MMA fighters!

1. Increase the total number of UFC events per year to 72 events per year at the 13 fights per events to get the UFC roster an average of 3 fights per year available to them.
2. Maintain 41 UFC events per year, but increase the number of fights on a card from 13 to 23. I suppose sleeping bags would be required for the duration of one of these events. If 23 fights went 15 minutes each (somehow) with ZERO seconds between fights, the event would take 6 hours!
3. FIRE 75 - 80% of the worthless Wannabees currently competing in the Octagon, and only employ ranked MMA fighters!!!!!!!!!!
4. Divide the UFC into several (organizations)! It may make PERFECT sense now that Females have proven to be able to sell a PPV that they have their OWN UFC.
A. Something like a UFCW & UFCM setup where males and females are NEVER on the same card (Basically like every other sport on Earth that supports both male a female contestants. I wonder how popular the NCAA Basketball tournament would be if they did NOT have separate tourney for Women that did NOT cross over into male.
B. It also make PERFECT sense for the UFC to need the 620+ fighters as potential rising stars of the sport. That said, minor league UFC tiers could serve both to develop new talent AND still pay them the preliminary card salaries in the minor leagues, opening up fight slots in the Major league level UFC to provide 3 fight per year per ranked fighter fully supporting the proposed ranking system Zuffa put in place!

I "liked" your post, but it is VASTLY understated. I feel the need to add factual data to support the claim that you made and I SO completely agree with!

As of UFC 204 in 2016:
27 different women have competed at WSW (includes the one WFLW fight)
24 different women have competed at WBW (Including Cyborgs 145 pound fights)

A total of 51 women have competed in the UFC as of event 204.

Compare that to the UFC LW division (98 different male fighters have fought in 2016 up to UFC 204)
In the WW division 95 different males have competed in the octagon up to UFC 204.

The entire combined female UFC roster consists of 51 females (Including Cyborg). Over three weight classes that gives you 17 females per WC! You can't even have a top 20 ranking for females with even THREE WC'S!!!!!!!!!!

Four? WTF? That is less than 13 fighters per WC? LMAO!

Add to that the math that PROVES the UFC is TOTALLY unsustainable as it is!

This year (2016) there are 41 UFC fight cards scheduled. Out of EXTREME necessity, the average fights per card has raised from 12 to 13! Now the elementary math!

41 UFC events x 13 fights per event = 533 UFC fights
533 UFC fights x 2 fighters per fight = 1,066 total fight slots!

OK, so we have deduced the maximum number of fight slots that the UFC management is able to offer to their roster in a single year.

Now lets divide the total UFC fight slots by the total UFC roster. I obviously do not have the entire 2016 total as two events remain this year. That said, there were over 620 DIFFERENT MMA fighters that competed in the Octagon in 2015. The total for 2016 will almost CERTAINLY be larger, but for the sake of argument lets just use the smallest possible number of 620!

1,066 / 620 = 1.7 fights per year per fighter. This number however is inflated. There were numerous UFC cards in 2016 that did NOT have the 13 fights that we used in the calculation. When the final numbers are in, we will HIGHLY likely see that average number of UFC fights per roster fighters will sing below the 1.4 fights per year that UFC roster fighters could hope to get from management.

It is simple math folks. ZERO sustainability as a true sport given the data currently a reality!

Premise: When Zuffa bought the UFC and created the unified rules evolving NHB entertainment to the sport of MMA, they sold us a sport where title shots would be based on a viable ranking system. PERFECT! They offered their entire roster 3 fights per year to supply the ranking system (the only thing that make MMA a sport as opposed to a spectacle!) with enough empirical data to be functional!

The rise from 200 professional MMA fighters on the UFC roster to the 620+ hodge podge we have today simply cannot supply enough data to support ANY real ranking system!

There are several options to rectify the catastrophe that exponentially increasing the overall UFC roster with droves of F-tard wannabe MMA fighters!

1. Increase the total number of UFC events per year to 72 events per year at the 13 fights per events to get the UFC roster an average of 3 fights per year available to them.
2. Maintain 41 UFC events per year, but increase the number of fights on a card from 13 to 23. I suppose sleeping bags would be required for the duration of one of these events. If 23 fights went 15 minutes each (somehow) with ZERO seconds between fights, the event would take 6 hours!
3. FIRE 75 - 80% of the worthless Wannabees currently competing in the Octagon, and only employ ranked MMA fighters!!!!!!!!!!
4. Divide the UFC into several (organizations)! It may make PERFECT sense now that Females have proven to be able to sell a PPV that they have their OWN UFC.
A. Something like a UFCW & UFCM setup where males and females are NEVER on the same card (Basically like every other sport on Earth that supports both male a female contestants. I wonder how popular the NCAA Basketball tournament would be if they did NOT have separate tourney for Women that did NOT cross over into male.
B. It also make PERFECT sense for the UFC to need the 620+ fighters as potential rising stars of the sport. That said, minor league UFC tiers could serve both to develop new talent AND still pay them the preliminary card salaries in the minor leagues, opening up fight slots in the Major league level UFC to provide 3 fight per year per ranked fighter fully supporting the proposed ranking system Zuffa put in place!

This post should be stickied.

Back