shoulder impingement

• Thread starter DaGREATkabookie**
  • Start date
D

DaGREATkabookie**

I know this is wrong to ask becuase i read so in the sticky and stickys dont lie but im going to throw caution into the wind and ask it anyway. My prolbem has to do w/my left shoulder, front by the calvical to the front delt i have no problems doing everyday activities it only hurts when pressing bench and sometimes overhead, im beleving its an impingement of the rc and maybe a slight nerve impingement cause my arm sometimes has a slight numbness, anyone with this problem that has been to rehab, or info on what treatment was used would be greatly appreciated.

DaGREATkabookie said:
I know this is wrong to ask becuase i read so in the sticky and stickys dont lie but im going to throw caution into the wind and ask it anyway. My prolbem has to do w/my left shoulder, front by the calvical to the front delt i have no problems doing everyday activities it only hurts when pressing bench and sometimes overhead, im beleving its an impingement of the rc and maybe a slight nerve impingement cause my arm sometimes has a slight numbness, anyone with this problem that has been to rehab, or info on what treatment was used would be greatly appreciated.
Doctor.

But if you don't feel like it, take a break from exercises that makes you hurt for a while.

If it doesn't get better after awhile, please go see a doctor.

I dont think the stickies cover injuries so don't be scared.

DaGREATkabookie said:

It could be anything from bursitis to an overstretched tendon, or for that matter a torn muscle.

If you're truly serious about lifting and plan on training on a regular basis, don't wait any longer and simply get an MRI performed, then act accordingly.

I had a similar problem 5 years ago. I tore my labrum and rotator cuff. I think they were small tears because every day activities didn't bother me either.. but as soon as I put some weight on it like bench press, it was a sharp stabbing pain. I highly suggest going to a doctor. Unfortunately, I tore my labrum again and just had another surgery in August :mad:

ENTROPY said:
It could be anything from bursitis to an overstretched tendon, or for that matter a torn muscle.

If you're truly serious about lifting and plan on training on a regular basis, don't wait any longer and simply get an MRI performed, then act accordingly.

in an ideal world I would but the problem is NO insurance, NO HMO, no money (enough to cover an MRI and Dr. visits + rehab) and going under the knife at this point is out of the ?

anyone have any stretches or exercises ro do should I wait for it to heal totaly or can exercises (rehab type) be benifical to the healing process right now I just warm it up do some stretches ice it down as many tims a day as i can and use heat at night and does anyone know the difference between wet and dry heat i mean what type is best for what injuries.

Go see a doctor as soon as you can. I had some noticable lack of mobility in my right shoulder about 2 years ago. They did an MRI and found out I have a torn labrum and a full thickness roator cuff tear. I had surgery and the shoulder feels great.
It might be nothing but then again- it might be serii=ous. GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!!!

DaGREATkabookie said:
in an ideal world I would but the problem is NO insurance, NO HMO, no money (enough to cover an MRI and Dr. visits + rehab) and going under the knife at this point is out of the ?

You should look into your elegibility for medicare.

This could be a serious problem and may end up completely stop your lifting permanently.

Back