Should winning the 5th round count more?

Clearly, Reyes is the better athlete, since Jones can only run for a few seconds at a time, but Reyes can run for a full 5 min.
giphy.gif

Yes, if it were a street fight and the guy losses the last 5 minutes of the fight, everyone would say he lost the fight. The scoring system is outdated and needs a revision.

It's a sport, not a street fight. What other sport rewards scoring later? Not Football, nor baseball, nor basketball, wrestling, or boxing.

There is precedent in boxing that if you win the early rounds and avoid the fight, because you have it "won", they will rule against you. De La Hoya vs Trinidad is an example of this

Did I have Reyes winning rounds 1, 2, 3? Yes.

Did the better fighter win the fight? Yes.

I feel like winning the 5th should count as though you won 2 rounds. Would this lead to more draws? Yes and i am fine with that. Its okay to have more draws. A lot of fights end evenly so why be forced to choose a winner?

As much as we all dislike Jones, did you REALLY wanted to see him to lose this way? Razor close decision where Jones showed championship heart in the championship rounds while the other guy was on his bicycle? I dont.

if this fight took place under pride rules, jones would have won, without any controversy...winning the last 2 rounds, would have given him the fight...absolutely.

The problem lies with an inherent human bias called The Recency Effect.

What if the challenger gets a knockout in the first....does it not count because it’s not in the championship rounds?

Did I have Reyes winning rounds 1, 2, 3? Yes.

Did the better fighter win the fight? Yes.

I feel like winning the 5th should count as though you won 2 rounds. Would this lead to more draws? Yes and i am fine with that. Its okay to have more draws. A lot of fights end evenly so why be forced to choose a winner?

As much as we all dislike Jones, did you REALLY wanted to see him to lose this way? Razor close decision where Jones showed championship heart in the championship rounds while the other guy was on his bicycle? I dont.
Seriously, you retards should stop being so desperate into justifying some asinine point that does not reflect reality.

There are no fucking championship rounds!!

This was called championship rounds because only on championship fights were 5 rounds.
Nowadays a journeyman can fight for 5 rounds on a Fight Night event and it would be a 5 rounds fight as well.

Your point is just stupid, and does NOT prove who the better fighter is.
Reyes won 3 rounds. He should be the fucking champion!

Stop trying to justify it so much!
The reason Reyes lost was because he thought he won 3 rounds and decided to coast. You just don't do that against a dominant champion like Jones.

But this has NOTHING to do with which rounds he won. That's just a stupid justification form a desperate fanboy.

Ya know, I’ve always thought that, yeah.

but it’s hard to implement. Like how much more? A full point is too much, then you can do nothing the first few rounds to conserve and then win the fifth round (hey jones did that anyway lol). Half a point would be useless.

Back