Should winning the 5th round count more?

The fighters don't train for a street fight they train for a 25 minute fight this debunks your argument. If it was a street fight you could soccer kick and stab somebody with a knife and 3 tools in a suit wouldn't be writing numbers down on a piece of paper and a pen.
I am not arguing what you can or can not do in the octagon. It is a sport that is a fight. And in a fight when someone losses the last 5 minutes, he losses that fight. The later rounds should have more value.

Ok here is my take. I had it Reyes 1,2,3 and Jones 4,5. That being said Reyes gave Jones his Best effort and I can remember during the 5th thinking all he has to do is hold on but DAMN Jones is still coming forward and Reyes is spent! Jones is 100% a tough dude and dangerous to the very end. The simple solution to this is to go back to the early days where a fight can only be won via KO/TKO or Submission and have less fights per card.

A champion doesn't run backwards for the last two rounds, that's for sure.

I am not arguing what you can or can not do in the octagon. It is a sport that is a fight. And in a fight when someone losses the last 5 minutes, he losses that fight. The later rounds should have more value.
But it's an mma fight under specific scoring not 2 drunks at buffalo wild wings fighting over a piece of ass

giphy.gif

But it's an mma fight under specific scoring not 2 drunks at buffalo wild wings fighting over a piece of ass
And that specific scoring needs to change. If you lose the last 5 minutes of a fight, you lost the fight.

No, if anything a win in round 1 when they are both fresh should count more since it showed that while fresh Reyes is the better fighter.

No, if anything a win in round 1 when they are both fresh should count more since it showed that while fresh Reyes is the better fighter.

If were going to get stupid, lets go this way.

First round, when they're are fresh is double points. That will make excitement and finishes.

Watching guys pace themselves for 20 mins till the REAL round starts is awful.

And that specific scoring needs to change. If you lose the last 5 minutes of a fight, you lost the fight.
Sounds good come over to my house and I will kick the shit out of you and then you can lay on me for 5 minutes

1 - Reyes
2- Toss up (I had Jones)
3 - Toss up (I had Reyes)
4 - Jones
5 - Jones

Wahhhh wahhh robbery

Stfu, you fucking virgins

Back