Should winning the 3rd round count more?

Whoever scores the final punch in the last second of the bout is the winner. It's the only way.

Both fighters should just hang around and save their gas tanks till a big flurry at the end
Yeah you don't want to allow for loopholes. It's a complicated discussion. The best suggestion i've personally seen for a judging overhaul was that judges should rank rounds won by how dominant each round win was.

If the last round means more, what about minutes within the last round? Surely the 5th minute of the last round would need to mean more than the first minute of the last round, under that logic? And the last 10 seconds, last 5 seconds, last split second?

The only practical solution is each 30 seconds is worth 1.5x the 30 seconds prior.

Both fighters should just hang around and save their gas tanks till a big flurry at the end
I know it’s scored in Individual rounds but it’s hard to deny that if said fighter was so dominant in first 3 rounds then why did he lose the last two. Perhaps he wasn’t doing as much damage as perceived.

I know it’s scored in Individual rounds but it’s hard to deny that if said fighter was so dominant in first 3 rounds then why did he lose the last two. Perhaps he wasn’t doing as much damage as perceived.

Cardio

Jon only won 2 rounds last night but because they're the championship rounds many argue it was fair for him to win the fight. So if the latter rounds are worth the most, it's fair to expect the same for 3 round fights.
Except that, no, he won three rounds or even four rounds on one judge's scorecard. This has nothing to do with certain rounds counting more than others. You may disagree with the judges, but this has NOTHING to do with which rounds he won. Indeed, the judges gave him the second and/or third round BEFORE the championship rounds ever happened, so, again, your claim that it was somehow the final rounds counting more is complete bullshit.

The most egregious sin you committed was using the word "logic" in your original post.

Except that, no, he won three rounds or even four rounds on one judge's scorecard. This has nothing to do with certain rounds counting more than others. You may disagree with the judges, but this has NOTHING to do with which rounds he won. Indeed, the judges gave him the second and/or third round BEFORE the championship rounds ever happened, so, again, your claim that it was somehow the final rounds counting more is complete bullshit.

The most egregious sin you committed was using the word "logic" in your original post.

The last 3 rounds were handwritten to allow changes to earlier scores if needed, to ensure the right man wins

Jon only won 2 rounds last night but because they're the championship rounds many argue it was fair for him to win the fight. So if the latter rounds are worth the most, it's fair to expect the same for 3 round fights.

I think it's the SBA, as discussed.
But you might be onto something with the championship rounds having more weigth.

I think it's the SBA, as discussed.
But you might be onto something with the championship rounds having more weigth.

Definitely SBA was in full effect but since judges cant publicly admit this, "pointing out" the latter round values may sit better with fans.

The last 3 rounds were handwritten to allow changes to earlier scores if needed, to ensure the right man wins
If the LAST THREE rounds were the ones handwritten, then how does that allow them to change the earlier not hand-written rounds?

You are redefining the term sher-tard with your posts.

MMA needs a completely new & complex judging system. But I've always felt that the last round of fight should mean a little more than earlier rounds. People always say that MMA is a unique sport because it is also just a fight, so in a fight with no round limits, the fresher fighter winning past 25 minutes would most likely win a fight that had to end in stoppage.

Nah bruh at that point just get rid of rounds entirely.

Either finish only or just no rounds, 25 minutes of straight fighting.

If the LAST THREE rounds were the ones handwritten, then how does that allow them to change the earlier not hand-written rounds?

You are redefining the term sher-tard with your posts.

For example the 3rd round is an "earlier round" that can be updated after the fact. It's not that hard to understand.

Back