Should UFC do fight night weights?

0-1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
They sometimes do this in boxing i for one would love to see what people are actually walking into the cage at and who the real weigh bullies are.

Another reason why Goatweather is the Goat.

QDXBWDB.png

8PVwQrxPoWUlzOgz77CwYW3uBjO.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_mmvk81tD1m1qbfejao1_1280.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yea they should but it wouldn't be a good look for some of the fighters.

People will just say the numbers are rigged when certain disliked fighters aren't as heavy as believed.

I would love it but it would destroy the UFC. The entire roster cuts down at least one weight class and many cut more. If the fighters were actually professional athletes i would support it but half the card would be cancelled because some jackass is trying to cut too much. If they implement hydration testing with an additional class or two they could try it. But until the UFC cleans up their mess nothing like this could ever happen/

Wrestling has an ingrained culture of weightcutting. Like @ortizgnp said, would typically be a bad look. Shocking, even.

Some fighters dont like their fight night weights to be shown. Most famously oscar de la hoya.

yes, this isn't females instagram sport where you can't ask how much they weigh

Usada might come sniffing around too if someones extreme weight cutting gets too much attention

I'd be interested in that, I think some will surprise us and some would be what we thought.

I believe they did this once before in a UFC California event, or maybe I'm getting confused. I seem to remember some fight night weights coming out.

I don't really care
We can tell who cut a ton of weight
I don't need to know the exact number

If they're missing weight or going to the emergency room because of a weight cut, it's a good sign they cut a lot. But yes, I'd be curious to see the real size differences in the cage, during the actual fight. I know for a fact that there are fighters weighing a weight class or 2 up DURING THE FUCKING FIGHT!!!

Remind me again what the point of weight classes is if one guy has 20 lbs on another guy during the actual fight...I don't understand why that sort of thing is even allowed.

I'd like that, but like other posters said, it'd be a bad look for many fighters
"I'm a light heavyweight, fighting at welterweight"
Gaethje cuts like 5lbs, Ryan Hall doesn't cut at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back