Should UFC do fight night weights?

They sometimes do this in boxing i for one would love to see what people are actually walking into the cage at and who the real weigh bullies are.

Another reason why Goatweather is the Goat.

QDXBWDB.png

8PVwQrxPoWUlzOgz77CwYW3uBjO.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_mmvk81tD1m1qbfejao1_1280.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And let the ACs fuck them in the future. And class action suits from fighters. Let’s add the state AGs.

Weight cutting is incredibly dangerous, to the degree no serious study has been carried out because the doc is risking death of the subject. I’m sure the UFC wants a proof/evidence trail: “El Santo Del Rey is fighting at 135 and comes in at 185, then has a heart attack.”

Bellator should have been shut down over Kimbo and Dada, owners and physicians prosecuted.

No, the guys that cut a huge amount of weight all pay the price anyway. They all have glass chins and when they get touched they get KO'd viciously.
Look at Vick, for example. If that dude gets grazed he almost dies. Also looks like a zombie at the weigh-ins, surely not a nice procedure.

They will figure it out eventually, being a 6'1 Featherweight (there are some) has benefits, but also disadvantages.

Pretty sure in most cases it's the sanctioning body that's responsible for weigh ins, not the promoter. I think North Carolina does two weigh ins.

I always said the last thing a fighter should do before getting into the octagon is step on a scale.

But it will never happen

They sometimes do this in boxing i for one would love to see what people are actually walking into the cage at and who the real weigh bullies are.

Another reason why Goatweather is the Goat.
CSAC did at least twice, but I haven't seen any numbers from UFC Fight Night 155 so maybe they stopped.

But they don't do it for your viewing pleasure; they are (or were) doing it to see how many fighters weigh above 10%, which was #7 on their new 10 point plan to stop excessive weight cuts.

In two events (here, here) It turns out half the fighters weighed over 10% more on fight night than on weigh in.

Maybe that was enough info that they stopped the program.

Back