Should the UFC shut down the Flyweight division?

FLWs

• Total voters
No need to scrap the division. Maybe just tell DJ to defend or get stripped. I'm sick of all these guys calling themselves warriors and gladiators, then refusing challengers.

If 125 fused with 135 that would be awesome.

it's the only move that makes sense at this point.

even moreso because then Dana can book the mm vs tj fight and if mm doesn't want do it UFC can release him. mm would have no ground stand on not taking the fight.

mm should have looked at his abysmal ppv #s before making a stink.

If you made this thread on WMMA would it get removed?

You think that nuclear button negotiation tactic had teeth? No way they give the Scott Coker's of the world an opening to one of the best fighters in the world.
An opening to lose money? There's not even a decent fight left for DJ at flyweight

If you made this thread on WMMA would it get removed?
I don't understand the question.
Neither this, or a thread on WMMA has anything to do with the actual action of it getting removed

Unless you mean like would a similar thread get wastelanded
Then probably, some mods just moderate based on their personal preferences - a lot of the mods enjoy WMMA.

You think that nuclear button negotiation tactic had teeth? No way they give the Scott Coker's of the world an opening to one of the best fighters in the world.
Bellator's well known for either cutting or losing their best fighters.

I don't understand the question.
Neither this, or a thread on WMMA has anything to do with the actual action of it getting removed

Unless you mean like would a similar thread get wastelanded
Then probably, some mods just moderate based on their personal preferences - a lot of the mods enjoy WMMA.

I appreciate you making this thread especially knowing full well that mm fans would attack you for no good reason.

I also think that these mm/fw division poll threads should happen every 3 or 4 days so we can gauge public opinion.

it would be a crime wasteland it and seriously maybe the mods should start banning the bitches that always cry for threads to be wastelanded even when the thread/s have merit.

I'm sorry mm fans but people have the right make mm related poll threads.

Yup, and it's not just because of DJ. There's nobody in that division who's a must watch.

they can fight at bantamweight

it loses money and i dont want them to keep bringing lower quality fighters to fill in that wasteland of a division

the division is a lose-lose for the UFC and the fans

They should try to use them specifically for Asian events.

Asians don't care about the size and there is a lot of talent from Japan for example.

Also letting Horiguchi go was bad. He is a great fighter.

you realize how much PRIDE fans loved freakshow fights right?

giant silva, bob sapp and hong man choi were huge in PRIDE (pun intended) despite having like 0 skill between the three of them

americans never had the SUPER HLUK tournament

we are looking for the best fights, not fights that don't draw and people don't care about.

Problem is as a sport with weight classes you need divisions for pretty much any reasonable size. And for that you kinda need two classes below 145, which is what the average male will be in fight shape. (As people like to cut 20 pounds it's more like FW is 165, BW 155 etc.).

What happens when you have a guy who can't walk around above 140 lean? That's only 63 kilos. Short guys will struggle to have that much size. Facing bantamweight ripped 155 pounders in the cage is slack. Rowing has a 155 pound LW division and each athlete comes in 6' or taller lean at that weight (they don't cut much weight due to hour before weigh ins).

At 5'10, 71 inch reach at 155 lean my frame (and strength) is far more than any of the 125ers, repping 240 bench, 407 dead, bw military, Dillashaw I'm sure has even superior numbers, being a ripped 155 at 5'6.5, 67 inch reach.

Not that fair for a small guy to face when without weight classes only HW's, some LHW's and a couple MW's would be able to fight anyway.

yes manlets dont get my juices flowing, maybe if there was some interesting ones but there havnt been. This tj vs dj is the first fight i want to watch and dj is being a bitch about it.

Not hating but maybe they should.

It would make 135 stronger and free up a cash to potentially pay fighters better rather than having 900 guys on the roster.

Wont happen though.

you realize how much PRIDE fans loved freakshow fights right?

giant silva, bob sapp and hong man choi were huge in PRIDE (pun intended) despite having like 0 skill between the three of them

americans never had the SUPER HLUK tournament
So? That doesn't mean they shit on the small guys like Americans do.

Back