Should the UFC shut down the Flyweight division?

FLWs

• Total voters
125 lb men should be mixed with 145 lb womens div - that would be interesting

we should undue everything Dana DID - when saying he would NEVER do....

such as WMMA.

If they don't make money, they should obviously get rid of them. I don't think they will lose any viewers if they make cards without the flw's.

I say keep the division. The last season of TUF that Elliot won, was in my opinion, one of the best seasons in a long time. Had like 8 straight fights end in KO or Sub.

Keep 125. Get rid of the basically non-existent women's featherweight and make some cuts on women's 115 and 135 and work on developing and building prospects in other divisions.

Should the UFC Brendan Schaub the flyweight division?

Outside from the FLW tournament finale when they mistakenly announced DJ as the winner over McCall, I have not watched one DJ/FLW fight. A 125 pound man sounds like my kid brother in elementary school. The fighters there are just not interesting. At least at 135 you have guys like Cruz, TJ, Gardbrandt.

Keep it but cut all the guys with dwarfism traits like bulging foreheads and squeaky voices. The division would be just fine if some of the athletes didn't creep you out. They can keep those guys around to jump in the cage and bite someones leg or something as a spectacle. Maybe dress them up in cute little outfits or have them act like lookalikes for bigger fighters so the big guys fights first and then Cyborg flies in a broom and throws a spell on them and the tiny lookalikes appear in a cloud of smoke and enter the cage. Or we can shoot them from a cannon over the cage and have them throw confetti on the audience.
dat-ass.gif

I'd honestly rather lose Heavyweight and light heavyweight. Watching Jan Blachowicz vs Patrick Cummin's and knowing these guys were top 15 was very depressing.

The ufc is developing into a show more than a sport. When Stipe was on a good streak, Dana told him in order to get a title shot he needed to get more fans. Conor can do basically whatever he likes at this point because he is a big draw. They promoted the shit out of Ronda when she fought Nunes who barely made it on the poster and she was the defending champ ffs.

The company has shown that it expects fighters to market themselves up to a point where the company will give a shit enough to put a few bucks behind marketing them. Yes the belts no longer mean anything at all. The next super popular prospect that comes along will be guided to the easiest path to a title shot just for the sake of having it and the people with less personality will just fight and fight for maybe a bonus if they are lucky.

DJ's only downfall is that he has been fairly non vocal up to this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Dana isn't taking a page out of Vince's wwe playbook and this is all a bad blood sceme for him and DJ to put together some numbers for a fight. Lol.

It is afterall an entertainment company who is running the show now and Dana has always been a little Don King. Truly though, nothing that DJ has accomplished has given him as much exposure as this has.

A whole lot of TRUTH ^^^ going on in here, when the Fertitta's sold the ship true mma fans didn't realize the old standards sailed away with the ship. UFC is a fight promotion company yes I believe it's up to the fighters and their management to help promote the fighter, but the company must do their part too in that promotion.

This new UFC seems more concentrated on making popstar fighters than having a legitimate fight org with real champs and respect for belts. I truly can't see why so much heartache for the UFC to sell and promote this potential fight. It seems like a easy sell to promote with highlight clips and the circumstance. FLW going for his history making successful title defense and TJ the the former BW champ as been brought in to go down and stop him. Sh!t I can sell this on flyers using my Staples printer.

Spend some of that Conor surplus cash on other fighters and maybe you'll get a little more cooperation from the you ask to spill blood for you..?

Flyweight has always been a great & talent stacked division. Their champion is just that much greater...thus giving off the illusion that the division is weak. Removing it would be bullshit.

I can understand why people would want it to be removed, but then we're left with a lot of guys that are too small for 135 and they'll truly always be at a disadvantage because of size difference. 125 is perfect for some people. They're the best in the world at that weight and sure, most of you guys don't like watching people that small, but why should they be punished for that? People hate on them because they're small as if it's their fault and it's ridiculous.

People say there's no good competition there, but that's not true at all. It's just that you don't care to pay attention to them and of course, most people don't actually know what they're watching, so why pay attention and learn, right? It's better to stay dumb than it is to put your mind to something and learn, especially when you're watching something purely for entertainment. Just bleed.

Removing the division because DJ doesn't want to defend against TJ isn't fair to all the other flyweights. DJ shouldn't even be getting in any trouble either. He isn't the first guy to decline a fight like this with somebody bigger than him and such. Tons of fighters have done it, Bisping is doing it with the entire MW division but Dana isn't saying anything. He'll shit on DJ for it, though, because he's the lowest selling champ and favouritism, too.

DJ is doing what most champs these days do, except he's being shit on in the media by Dana and such. It's OK for other fighters/champs to do it, but not DJ. This sport isn't about fairness and never has been, but that's just complete bullshit and everybody knows it. They shouldn't scrap and fuck the fighters just because of one guy. If they are, then they should take a look at their other champs, too, because quite a few of them are avoiding top contenders in their division.

If it's all about popularity and money then they may as well get rid of all the women's divisions because since Ronda's departure, most people don't care about women's fights or personalities anymore.

Back