Should the co-main events be an automatic 5 rounder?

Should the co-main events be an automatic 5 rounder?

• Total voters

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't remember if this was ever a possibility, but I definitely think this should be the case. Three round fights suck to be honest. It's more like a point fight that heavily favors the wrestlers.

They can just blow their gas-tank forcing the takedowns for two rounds. ending up gassed out for the third but surviving for the point victory. I must've seen a thousand three round fight that would have ended up differently if the fight was a 5 rounder. And that just leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.

I would prefer it if we had less fights on a card but the main event cards were all 5 rounder. If we want to know who really is the better fighter. We need to give these guys more time and have stamina and durability enter into the equation.

Every fight should be five rounds.

Main events shouldn't automatically be either. I absolutely hate that we have non-title 5 rounders.

Not if it's HWs lol

No, heavyweights can't handle that shit.

All fights five rounds, main events seven.

I'd go for a 10 min. first round

No. I have seen main events that shouldn't have been 5 rounders lol. 5 round CMEs would be bad in the age of USADA. Some fighters now seem to have a gas tank the size of a Vespa.

I think that it should be automatic 5 rounds if both fighters are ranked top 10.

Would prefer one single round myself.

Yoel says no for gay jesus.

yoelromero.jpg

>5 rounds of Jorge Masvidal

It's like waterboard torture
His waterboarding would at least be technical though. If it were like Bosse and O'Connell they would gas before you gave up any information.

I would prefer the old way, where only championship fights are 5 rounds.

I voted NO. Aside from title fights, it's not worth it.

Yes!

One round, 15 minutes. Or 25.

And the winner is the one who the judges honestly believe would have won if the clock didn't run out (ie, who was winning at the end) if no finish presents itself. Sad to see a guy get beat for two rounds by a guy with a poor gas tank, start to rally back, win the 3rd and look like if it went to a fourth he might finish the opponent, who's gassed out, but since the gassed fighter took him down x amount of times or landed some shots 13 minutes ago, he wins.

Bent over, hands on knees, panting, knowing he was saved by the buzzer. That shouldn't be how you win in fighting. "At one point I was winning" shouldn't win the fight....

Back