Should the co-main events be an automatic 5 rounder?

Should the co-main events be an automatic 5 rounder?

• Total voters
His waterboarding would at least be technical though. If it were like Bosse and O'Connell they would gas before you gave up any information.

5 rounds of Bosse and O'Connell

Dgpl1Dn.jpg

I wouldn't mind it, just more fight time and possibility for a finish. It could help top contenders be more prepared for 5 rounds if they were to fight for a title.

And the winner is the one who the judges honestly believe would have won if the clock didn't run out (ie, who was winning at the end) if no finish presents itself. Sad to see a guy get beat for two rounds by a guy with a poor gas tank, start to rally back, win the 3rd and look like if it went to a fourth he might finish the opponent, who's gassed out, but since the gassed fighter took him down x amount of times or landed some shots 13 minutes ago, he wins.

Bent over, hands on knees, panting, knowing he was saved by the buzzer. That shouldn't be how you win in fighting. "At one point I was winning" shouldn't win the fight....

Aggreed.

Title fights and any #1 contender fights should be 5 rounds.
The problem is the UFC doesn't always say the winner of this gets the next shot.
Example wonderboy Rory winner isn't gonna get the next shot

A co-main event is a main event right? So it should be five rounds. If it's just a cool fight them don't call it a co-main event

I swear if the sport was run by Sherdog posters the sport would be dead right now.

As a rule might be kind of hard on some fights that are not so good/important (fight night co-main), but on big cards the co-main is usually a good fight that could use 5 rounds just as well (PPV´s).

who the fucks votes nay

5 rounds>>>>>>

I think that it should be automatic 5 rounds if both fighters are ranked top 10.
this is the best answer

if you're ranked top 10 (or maybe 5), 5 rounds and that's it

Jair vs Bruce Leroy being a main event and a 5-rounder seemed strange to me. Lol

The more fights will be scheduled for 5 rounds the better fighters will be prepared for championship fights. It's especially important in shallow divisions.

I would like this, I can think of a ton of fights that should've been five rounds. Not heavyweights though lol.

If it's a title eliminator or #1 contender fight, yes.

If not, no.

Most of the time CME's are for guys in the top 10.

Honestly, all top 10 fights period should be 5 rounders.

Back