Should Marlon go to 145?

I think Moraes is about to get cut. He is now 5-5 in the promotion.
Well in the UFC you are one of four things:
#1- Champ
#2- Challenger
#3- Gatekeeper
#4- Prospect

At this point, he's not 1 or 2, arguably not really #3 either, and definitely not a prospect......so...

Sure, just lets take it slow at FW, i doubt he has another title run in him.

I think he’s far too small for FW. One of the commissions did actually recommend for him to go up to 145, but realistically, he doesn’t have the frame for 145, despite how muscular he is. His fighting style wouldn’t translate either. He would be suited to 140 but that weight class doesn’t exist.

I think retirement should be something he considers. He did come close to winning at the weekend though, so in his mind he will believer that he’s still good enough. He needs a step down in competition but I’m not sure the UFC will give him an easy fight.

yeah i still wonder what a he must have looked like at 5'6 200 pounds + .
a little truck.
file.jpg

BcekdmPCcAAopSn.jpg:large

I want him to retire before his brain is completely fried. He is chinny and gets knocked out twice in every KO loss. His gas tank wasn't an issue in Aldo fight, so him gassing out is more to do with him being exposed as someone who doesn't like getting pushed and depends on being scary explosive guy(fighters reluctant to push him) to pace himself.

Back