Should Marlon go to 145?

Chart69r

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I wonder if the weight cut is part of why his gas tank is so bad. I would be curious to see him take a fight at 145. He's already an enormous BW, and I think he would still hit hard enough to do damage at 145.

Not a bad idea at this point actually . Easier matchups for him in the lower ranked and unranked fighters, plus his physique is seemingly able for it but he may be a little short although I don't think that's a big deal . Way less wrestlers too, FW is mostly strikers for whatever reason so he could rely on his best skillsets . He's lucky if he dosnt get cut so he should just go for it .

Last edited:
Almost all fighters have trouble with cutting weight, let alone him since he has this body structure !
They must change this system !

Edit :
Sorry, 24-7 out of likes !

He's too small for the current FW division. Also it seems his chin is gone. I doubt being hit by heavier people will help.

Chin and cardio gone. He is 1 round fighter. Bad situation he is in.

I agree TS.

I don’t think he’s done. Semi- new camp at ATT and a change of weight class.

Possibly.. Says he’s the same height as Volk.. He may get one more chance since he’s exciting and most of his losses were to tough top guys..

Otherwise back to being the WSoF Champ he goes.

I wonder if the weight cut is part of why his gas tank is so bad. I would be curious to see him take a fight at 145. He's already an enormous BW, and I think he would still hit hard enough to do damage at 145.

At this point I feel like it's more of a mental block than anything else. Dude is a murderer for like 45 seconds then quits.

Chin and cardio gone. He is 1 round fighter. Bad situation he is in.
Chin and cardio

Both things that we can see fail fighters who are cutting too much weight.

People called Whittaker chinny after Wonderboy KO'd him, moved up and survived some ridiculous shots before becoming champ.

Dustin - Way more sturdy now that he's not cutting down to FW

Oliveira - Same as Dustin

Chin and cardio

Both things that we can see fail fighters who are cutting too much weight.

People called Whittaker chinny after Wonderboy KO'd him, moved up and survived some ridiculous shots before becoming champ.

Dustin - Way more sturdy now that he's not cutting down to FW

Oliveira - Same as Dustin

Whitaker has been rocked in every fight.
Oli is still suspect.
Dustin is a good example of improved chin.

He should go to bellator/wsof
His gas tank is bad but his mental fortutude and resilence is horrible.

He's obviously done at BW and close to being cut. I suspect a move to 145 may buy him another fight or 2.
What's most concerning is he has now been finished in 4/5 last fights. That's Weidman level shit. Neesh Geet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back