• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Should It Be Illegal to Evict People

Every off grid house i have heard of uses solar power. You need electricians for that. And more expertise than a normal house.

unless you are proposing not having electricity at all in homes for the poor? Or running water?

Yeah?

I'm not talking about McMansions here.

Fishhook-Cabin-05.jpg

That's a house.
That's a damn near perfect house

Know what size floor joists you need for any particular house? I sure as fuck dont, you would need a framer. What depth the footer on your foundation needs to be? Same thing.

Yeah I sure as fuck do. I've been researching it for the better part of five years.

I am not sure. What about some type of military style area in heavy populated area to providing temporary homes for them. So instead of evicting, they are relocating them.
that's still evicting. I'm sure they'd prefer to stay in the home they have rather than be forcibly moved to a "military-style area" for a temporary home.

Lol. You watched YouTube videos. General contractors better watch out.

Larry Haun is an author. I've read his books. Several times.

I have a son in law who is a professional carpenter.

I have brother in law who built an off grid cabin with zero help from professionals.

I posted those videos so a dunce like you could understand what I'm talking about.

Ummm....no.

Now, should absurd, arbitrary never ending rising rental fees be looked at? Yes.

Yup. Last place I rented raised rent $50 a month each year. Trying to ask why when property taxes didn’t go up and they just snapped back that they could rent my place to someone else for $200 more a month if I didn’t like it. Thankfully gone and bought a house now.

And there’s many places way worse than 50 a month yearly increase

Housing should be a necessity and if they can't cut the heat in winter or power in summer, than they shouldn't be allowed to throw people out on that streets.
Here is much harder and is complete bullshit

If i rent an apartment and it get invaded by squatters (or the people chose is cooler stop pay), law will be ridicolous slow at throw them out, specially if is a family with kids involved
But if i personally throw him out, law will be surprising fast at condemn me for aggression and injuries

There was even a gimmick of criminals that get paid to break the door, so who enter did'nt technically broke it but just entered an "open" home

There have been even stories of 80/90 old people that gone away few weeks for summer and when returned found their fucking home occupied, with "follow the law path" thing forcing them to wait (sometimes long too) to can return live in their own apartment

Let that sink. Image having a relatively poor (this shit happen in poorer area mostly) 80+yo grandma who live alone and can't return her home because scum occupied it and when police came said "we can't throw them out"
And if you snap and do something YOU will be arrested

Eviction is ugly, but cuddle scum is worst current western disease

In my opinion should be build giant free dorms for all people that can't pay for a shelter, but time they should be allowed to stay in private property should end in the exact moment police arrive and the owner can proof his property rights

Last edited:
Wait. When you sign a lease, you are agreeing to the terms under which you agree to be evicted. The government should NOT have a role interfering the private party contract other than if we avail ourselves of the courts. If the government wouldn’t agree to enforce the contract and the tenant to the terms of the lease no landlord would rent out his/her property.

You aren’t proposing changing the rules midstream and invalidating millions of leases??

Housing should be a necessity and if they can't cut the heat in winter or power in summer, than they shouldn't be allowed to throw people out on that streets. I don't have any answers on what to do, I am just thinking about all the people bout to be evicted cause the money the govt is handing out seem to be drying up. I am talking about these hotels that were allowing people to stay in and now those places are kicking folks out without any place to go.

Maybe they can let those people create towns on Public Lands or something.
Lol. In halifax, these shitty tenants didn't pay rent for months and just refused to leave the building. They complained the shelters didn't feel safe for them.

The landlord waited till they were gone one day and went to his property and removed all the doors, faucets and windows lol.

They tried filing complaints. But since they actually hadn't paid rent for 4 months and had no rental agreement, they lost.

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/08/...ors-and-faucet-to-force-tenants-to-leave.html

I will never understand this mentality. Private property should be abolished! Landlords are evil!
I can build my own house using Youtube videos!

MF's if it was that easy to build a house go buy your own property and do it. 100 years from now maybe your house will be the historical center of a town. Stop trying to take other peoples property because your too poor to afford it.

There's literally a whole genre on YouTube a out tiny houses.

Did none of you guys have dads growing up or something? I built a deck and poured a concrete carport with my dad in high school FFS.

Renovated a bedroom including rewiring the outlets in college with minimal oversight from my dad as he was in the late stages of cancer...

A lot of this shit is really simple to do.

My wife has hung drywall when she worked for habitat for humanity...
Half the people you are talking to are from the generation that doesn't even know how to change a tire on a car or do an oil change lol.

If I own a property I should be able to decide who lives in it and under what conditions. I'm willing to compromise on certain things like habitability and whatnot, but the alternative are squatters destroying my hard work and investment.

@Smokes Why should evictions be illegal? Its not your property, why do you get to live there if you are not paying for it?

Cause it seems inhumane to throw people on the street. Out government should have a plan in place for them

Back