Should GSP call his own shots?

A champion should never be able to choose his opponent, he should always fight the #1 contender.

GSP asked Dana to fight Diaz and he got it. But shouldn't Hendricks be getting the shot?

if you base it on who's climbing up the ladder and earns there way to a title shot then hendricks is up there, however there's many other top ww that the ufc could have him fight before a title shot, such as alves, rory, condit, diaz, ect...imho hnedircks hasn't fought enough top guys to warrant a title shot.

the ufc doesn't always use a ranking system for title shot matches, they put on fights or matches that put together a good card, or that fans want to see or that will make a lot of money.

Diaz fighting gsp makes sense to me because gsp was suppose to fight him first anyways, then gsp hurt himself and couldn't so diaz and condit fought to determine who got the title shot, gsp came back after the injury beat condit so diaz is technically still in line, also diaz fought penn and won.

i think hendricks can be put on the shelf for awhile and should fight some more top guys before getting a shot, diaz/gsp is more marketable and though some believe hendricks should get the next shot, diaz/gsp is a fight more fans would rather see.

also hendricks has power in his hands, but one thing i've noticed is that he lunges into his punches, does he have power or is just tecnique/timing....kos was able to withstand all hendricks punches, but one thing i've noticed is with his win over fitch and recently kampman that he lunged himself forward with his punch, it may not be so much him having power instead more to do with him catapulting himself within his punches.

GSP's calling the shots, is that really what you think?

No. This is what Dana wants anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back