Should GSP call his own shots?

goldbelt**

White Belt
Reaction score
GSP asked Dana to fight Diaz and he got it. But shouldn't Hendricks be getting the shot?

Should a added this in last post but no fighter should call their own shots they should fight whoever they are told they are fighting no questions asked. I don't tell my boss what im working on that day he tells me.

So anybody has the right to call GSP, even a guy in a weightclass over, but he has not the right to call for a fight that supposed to be done last year? If so, you have to tell me why...

So anybody has the right to call GSP, even a guy in a weightclass over, but he has not the right to call for a fight that supposed to be done last year? If so, you have to tell me why...

I will tell you why, first of all, A.S was supposed to lock horns with GSP a while ago, then injury happens fine, both fighters remain top of their respectives weight classes, then the super fight ideia ressurect with some logical background. Diaz lost his fucking last fight period, and there are others fighters that may threaten GSP long reign more than Nick, and believe me i m a huge fan of Diaz, but sometimes we have to take a deep breath and think BEFORE writing.

Being the cash cow that GSP is for the UFC, Dana obviously gives him alot of lattitude in his career.

Dana says this is the first time he has asked for a fight since being champ so they did. maybe it was, if we say yes to diaz think about silva next. And they know despite Hendriks having earned the shot more casuals will get gsp diaz.

Everybody and anybody will call out champs that's how you get noticed but doesnt get you the fight just bc you askedto and by being the champ however you fight the #1 contender you don't say no and I wanna fight that meanie head who hurt my feelings.

Being a dominate champion gives you a bit of leverage.

Dana agreed. When you're champ and have been reigning, typically they get to be able to throw ideas about contenders around one to another. If Dana & co don't like the idea, they won't make the fight happen, welcome to the realm of combat sport politics.

GSP should be able to ask for any fight he wants. But ultimately it's up the UFC, so it's not as if GSP is solely responsible for setting up his own fights.

Should a added this in last post but no fighter should call their own shots they should fight whoever they are told they are fighting no questions asked. I don't tell my boss what im working on that day he tells me.

That's probably because you aren't nearly as valuable to your company as GSP is to his. It's much easier to get someone to replace you at the fries station than to find another GSP.

GSP asking for any other fighter in the division would NOT have worked.

Diaz is the exception for obvious reasons. Or shall we try to trivialize this further?

I believe that this is the first time that GSP asks for a specific fight. Hendricks deserves it more but Diaz-GSP will do a lot better $ wise.

I'm sure it's unfinished business in GSP's mind. GSP was originally going to fight Diaz before Hendricks really got into the picture. Diaz behaved like a douche by ducking the press conferences and his trash talking made GSP want to fight him more than anyone else.

Wtf did u just try to post?

8727148-isolated-beautiful-girl-shrugs-her-shoulders.jpg

Back