Should Genghis Khan be posthumously charged with hate crimes against Islam?

Muslims dont seem to have any problem with what the turkomongols converts did to spread Islam.

Yes, the mongols did a number on muslims, but they also turned muslims themselves and spread their culture further, into places arabs wouldnt had done on their own.

Not only that, but all East Asians should be subject to "yellow guilt" and reparations.

Genghis was a great conqueror. A real enlightened dude. Don't hate.

You will never see a non western country pay reperations for anything. The reality is that the population in those places would be furious with their governments for that kind of behavior. They just don't give a shit about that kind of stupidity.

Just look at the Japanese reaction to requests of an apology from Japan and Korea, and that was just for an apology. Nobody was deluisonal enough to think that anyone would actually pay in any meaningful way for the attrocities commited.

In the west we are fat and soft, that has allowed us to develop the luxury of a conscience. Other nations don't have that.

You may want to fact check your own posts, the splitting of the races was not that long ago, there are not "breeds" of humans and although you were very vague, you seem to be insinuating that Darwin was a strong believer in some races being superior when Darwin never really said anything racist and seemed to believe in culture > race.
Darwin was a racist.

“The sense of smell is of the highest importance to the greater number of mammals–to some, as the ruminants, in warning them of danger; to others, as the Carnivora, in finding their prey; to others, again, as the wild boar, for both purposes combined. But the sense of smell is of extremely slight service, if any, even to the dark coloured races of men, in whom it is much more highly developed than in the white and civilised races.”

“There is, however, no doubt that the various races, when carefully compared and measured, differ much from each other,–as in the texture of the hair, the relative proportions of all parts of the body (…)Their mental characteristics are likewise very distinct; chiefly as it would appear in their emotional, but partly in their intellectual faculties. Every one who has had the opportunity of comparison, must have been struck with the contrast between the taciturn, even morose, aborigines of S. America and the light-hearted, talkative negroes. There is a nearly similar contrast between the Malays and the Papuans who live under the same physical conditions, and are separated from each other only by a narrow space of sea.”

"At some future period not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes...will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest Allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as the baboon, instead of as now between the Negro or Australian and the gorilla"

- Charles Darwin (The Descent of Man, 2nd ed., New York, A.L. Burt Co., 1874)

Muslims dont seem to have any problem with what the turkomongols converts did to spread Islam.

Yes, the mongols did a number on muslims, but they also turned muslims themselves and spread their culture further, into places arabs wouldnt had done on their own.

Indeed. There are more than 500 million muslims in the indian subcontinent thanks to the Mughals.

You will never see a non western country pay reperations for anything.
Japan gave $800 million as reparations for the occupation of Korea.
In the west we are fat and soft, that has allowed us to develop the luxury of a conscience. Other nations don't have that.
you don't have any consciousness whatsoever and refuse to pay reparations to the Iraqi people.

Japan gave $800 million as reparations for the occupation of Korea.

you don't have any consciousness whatsoever and refuse to pay reparations to the Iraqi people.

I am going to assume, since I am unfamilair with you, that this was an honest mistake. Japan was forced to pay Korea in order to avoid massive individual lawsuits from koreans that had been abused or had their property stolen. This was actually a back room deal from which the korean prime minister pocketed a significant portion. Also it wasn't anywhere even close to 800 million, it was actually a fraction of that, the vast majority being low interst loans worth a tiny fraction of that.

Also, even this wouldn't have happened if the Japanese had any actual say in the structure of their legal system. It was the fact that the US had imposed a legal system that even made it possible for koreans to sue.

As for Iraq, I personally think that what happened in Iraq was fucked up. I think that the US basically destroyed that country by trying to instill a Libertarian government which failed utterly in every concievable way.

Having said that, what has happened in Iraq over the past 6 years or so is completely on the Iraqis. They have recieved the opportunity and a great deal of help to turn that country around and they have just sunk into the shitty middle eastern clanism that has created the regions biggest issues. The US absolutely started off trying to steal Iraqs resources, but they failed horribly and have been paying a steep economic price ever since.

Indeed. There are more than 500 million muslims in the indian subcontinent thanks to the Mughals.

There are x number of Jews in Israel thanks to Hitler.. Just sayin'

But seriously, that vid is pretty cool (from a history perspective). The Mongols really did a number on Islam.

the South Korean government received $800 million, in a combination of grants and low-interest loans, as reparations from Japan according to an article by asiantimes2005. If you are not considering it a form of reparation, then the west does not make reparations either.

He seems mighty politically incorrect

He didn't crush them because they were Muslim, he crushed them because they pissed him off. So the charge of hate crime doesn't apply.

the South Korean government received $800 million, in a combination of grants and low-interest loans, as reparations from Japan according to an article by asiantimes2005. If you are not considering it a form of reparation, then the west does not make reparations either.

reread my post. I won't repeat myself.

Ruthless war lords should be historically regarded as such, whether they are remembered primarily as conquerors or prophets.

Bitch bitch bitch....

I used to go to quite a few Sikh temples for Langar back when I used to live in BC. The food was amazing, the people there were very friendly. Each temple I went to had large portraits on wall depicting Sikh matyrs being boiled alive, roasted like pigs over bonfires, sawed in half, impaled and other sorts of evil shit.

All this was done by Muslim invaders.

It's also funny about the speaker in that video bellyaching about people burning down muslim libraries.

So no, the Great Khan should not be charged posthumously charged with war crimes.

mongols also helped to spread islam religion to all over the world too.

C'mon now... Genghis is just a victim of the liberal media.
He was a job creator. Tough on crime.
An old school liberal who abolished aristocratic titles and separated religion and state.
A pioneer of multicultural assimilation.

Maybe the key to destroying ISIS and other violent Islamic fundamentalist movements is to form an elite Mongol brigade. Give them access to modern weaponry and unlimited cash reserves. Unleash them and watch it all play out.

After that massacre Iraq didnt reach its former population until the 1940s.

There are x number of Jews in Israel thanks to Hitler.. Just sayin'

But seriously, that vid is pretty cool (from a history perspective). The Mongols really did a number on Islam.

Hitler didnt converted to judaism and conquered and converted palestine in the name of jewry.

I think that the US basically destroyed that country by trying to instill a Libertarian government which failed utterly in every concievable way.
The US is the greatest ally of the theocratic dictatorship of Saudi Arabia. I doubt that the U.S. foreign policy is based on libertarian ideals.
Having said that, what has happened in Iraq over the past 6 years or so is completely on the Iraqis.
The US military is still occupying Iraq.
reread my post. I won't repeat myself.
Give me an example of a "reparation" by the West.

How do you charge someone who died almost 800 years ago with a hate crime?

Maybe the key to destroying ISIS and other violent Islamic fundamentalist movements is to form an elite Mongol brigade. Give them access to modern weaponry and unlimited cash reserves. Unleash them and watch it all play out.

If we follow history they will convert into Islam and conquer half the world in the name of Islam.

You have to realize that Turks and Mongols were instrumental into expanding Islam, they came as conquerors, but became culturally conquered themselves.

Without the Turks and the Mongols, Islam wouldnt had lasted as much and it would certainly be far, far, far smaller today.

The US is the greatest ally of the theocratic dictatorship of Saudi Arabia. I doubt that the U.S. foreign policy is based on libertarian ideals.

The doctrine is called shock economics. It was based on an economic model by Milton Friedman and its been among the most consistently used and disastrous economic policies in modern history. There are plenty of books on it, but if your really interested, my favorite was:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shock-Doctrine-Disaster-Capitalism/dp/0312427999

The US military is still occupying Iraq.

True, but not really meaningful. The US exerts political and economic influence in order to keep the nation from collapsing in order to prevent the rise of another fundamentalist Islamic state. At this point, Iraq is simply a money pit for the US, the US foreign policy goals that were originally envisioned for Iraq have failed utterly.

Give me an example of a "reparation" by the West.

The Wests generosity on these issues is generally overstated, but natives continue to make claims based on old grievances that are still paid out with some regularity. For the sake of disclosure, I am legally native. But payments to Japanese internment victims, etc... are common. If you're looking for foreign reparations(from the US), there aren't any that come immediately to mind. But the victors in wars don't pay reparations.

But other western nations have pretty regularly payed reparations, I know Germany has paid a whole series of unmandated reparations.

It's sad reading through the comments, full of people with no idea why they were born Muslims.

If Genghis Khan should be charged, so should Muhammad for crimes against Jews and Christians. This is fucking retarded.

so much this. it is history and should remain such. it should never be politicized, PCed or revised. in this case, this happened almost a millennia ago - leave it be for it is - a cruel and dark part of the history of humanity.

Good question. Also, should Genghis Khan be posthumously charged with failure to pay child support? I refuse to believe he kept up on his payments.

It's a non-issue. This whole thread is retarded.

OP doesn't understand how hate crimes work. Can't use disparate impact theory.

1 out of 200 people in the world is a descendant of Genghis Khan. He raped everyone's ancestors equally with geography, not religion, being the biggest factor on whether Genghis raped your great grandma or not.

If we follow history they will convert into Islam and conquer half the world in the name of Islam.

You have to realize that Turks and Mongols were instrumental into expanding Islam, they came as conquerors, but became culturally conquered themselves.

Without the Turks and the Mongols, Islam wouldnt had lasted as much and it would certainly be far, far, far smaller today.

True.

728px-Taj_Mahal_in_March_2004.jpg

Back