Should/Could Conor Headline UFC Fight Night Event in Ireland?

Whom should Conor fight in Ireland?

• Total voters
lol wtf is this thread @ReadWrite - he is absolutely not expected to headline a Fight Night card.

Wonderboy fight is jist plain stupid and pointless, Conor wins the other fights also. I say he fights Justin and puts this bull crap to bed once and for all.

Hahaha.

Wait.

People believe that Conor McGregor is going to headline a fucking UFN in Ireland?

Hahahah.

Khabib said he wanted Conor in Dublin

Isnt he awesome?!

538ea2eabc0af0bb4cd2d0075cc05e25.jpg
Then goes on to jump out and try to fight whole arena ans gets stabbed but responds by "brother you think knife gonna win you fight" then takes down the attacker.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did a fight night main event instead of PPV just to build his brand.

Imagine how many viewers they'd have watch conor get a quick KO (which I'm sure in his mind is a guarantee against anyone).

It would make more sense to do that and then hype up his next big fight than to just do two more pay per views. And he can add it to another record hes set, which to him is a matter of legacy.

I would bet its Gaethje if this were to happen

He "should" fight Justin next. But that's a very risky fight for his home soil. Maybe he should fight somebody better than Cowboy but worse than Justin in Ireland. Then if he wins that, fight Justin or the Khabib/Tony winner. It's tougher to market a title fight coming off a loss in his next fight in Ireland.

He won't fight Gaethje that is for sure, he is a threat.

Probably some recognizable name, from top 8-15. Kevin Lee or Islam

I voted Dustin both fought Khabib and lost but but Dustin lost stronger and didn't have to cheat and still get beat like a street hooker. Let me see if Conor can handle this version of Poirier.

The 3Arena has something like 11-13k seats, they wouldn't book Conor for that.

"Unsurprisingly, the announcement of the UFC’s long-awaited return to Ireland has led to talk of Conor McGregor headlining the card." does not mean "expected to headline." Cmon man, don't be ridiculous. The clickbait is wholly unnecessary.

052289_DUB_Announcement_1200x628.jpg

The UFC will host its first event in the Republic of Ireland in nearly five years this August. On Thursday afternoon, mixed martial arts’ premiere promotion announced its long-awaited return to the Fair City. The UFC’s fourth trip to Dublin will take place at the 3Arena, which they last visited in October 2015, on August 15. Unsurprisingly, the announcement of the UFC’s long-awaited return to Ireland has led to talk of Conor McGregor headlining the card.

0_inpho_00978969.jpg

McGregor, of course, headlined UFC Fight Night 46 in July 2014 and produced a seminal moment in the history of Irish MMA by stopping Diego Brandao in front of a sold-out crowd at what was formerly known as The O2 Arena. ‘The Notorious’ is keen to fight on home soil before it’s all said and done, and reiterated that desire during the UFC 246 post-fight press conference.

ufndublin_10-McGregor_vs_Brandao_18.jpg

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/1241986/Conor-McGregor-UFC-Dublin-Fight-UFC-News-UFC-Rumours

LOL

the irish despise mcgregor, theyre the ones that have to put up with his appalling behaviour and then see him get off scot free

He should, in terms of fight legitimacy out of the equation. He shouldn't, if you consider the business aspect.

He could, if he's willing to grant the UFC something, i.e. a bigger slice. He couldn't, if he doesn't.

He ain't fighting on that show. I think there will be a McGregor PPV in late July or August, against Gaethje or Diaz or Poirier or Aldo. And that's if he doesn't fill in for an injured Khabib or Tony in April.

(delete the post above -- whose stupid idea was it to disallow carded users to edit posts?)

He should, in terms of fight legitimacy, if business is out of the equation. He shouldn't, if you consider the business aspect.

He could, if he's willing to grant the UFC something, i.e. a bigger slice. He couldn't, if he doesn't.

He ain't fighting on that show. I think there will be a McGregor PPV in late July or August, against Gaethje or Diaz or Poirier or Aldo. And that's if he doesn't fill in for an injured Khabib or Tony in April.

Spoiler Alert: Conor McGregor is definitely, 100% not headlining this card.

Lol at the people who picked Dustin. Why woul Dana allow a matchup that would get his cash cow stretched by a dude only hardcore fans respect? Think realistically

Lol at the people who picked Dustin. Why woul Dana allow a matchup that would get his cash cow stretched by a dude only hardcore fans respect? Think realistically
peahead gets slept inside 2, and i love me some peas.

peahead gets slept inside 2, and i love me some peas.
FAR to much of a risk for Dana's cash cow against someone that barely moves the needle. Dustin absolutely could turn the lights out on Conor. It would be the biggest financial disaster.

Not a chance he fights on non pay per view card. Literally zero.

Back