Should Chris Weidman be in the UFC Hall of Fame?

Should Chris Weidman be in the UFC Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
His fight with Silva could be.

Not sure about the guy. His run was on top was rather short and aside from that one fight didnt have overly big impact on sport.

His fight with Silva could be.

Not sure about the guy. His run was on top was rather short and aside from that one fight didnt have overly big impact on sport.
He's got the third most title defenses.

He's got the third most title defenses.
In a division with only two dominant champs. I wouldnt mind him going in. But Izzy at least gotta be in front of him. Then he is front of other mw champs but then the question is how many mw champs are going in.

In a division with only two dominant champs. I wouldnt mind him going in. But Izzy at least gotta be in front of him. Then he is front of other mw champs but then the question is how many mw champs are going in.
3 title defenses is noteworthy for any division, especially when you include taking out the GOAT 2x, both iconic endings.

3 title defenses is noteworthy for any division, especially when you include taking out the GOAT 2x, both iconic endings.
Its noteworthy but I probably wouldnt put for example Woodley who has three defenses in. Then again there are not too many people 185 and up with three defenses.
I changed my vote to yes from I dont know.

Yes, but not until he is retired. No fighter currently on the UFC roster should be entered into a HOF.

Uriah Faber and Donald Cerrone are in the Hall of Fame. Weidman was a defending champion and dethroned the MW GOAT while he was at the top of the sport. The only people saying no are Silva stans who can't let it go

He caught Silva playing around. Silva didn't catch anyone playing around, he went in and dominated. Chael has a better argument for beating Silva because he got close to winning legitimately.

And I quote:
"Anderson what is your ideal outcome for this fight"
(Anderson): "The Chris.... new champiooooonnnnnn!!!"
"Really? You want Chris to win?"
(Anderson): "I tired, man"

You literally cannot argue your way around this. He didn't care anymore. He made his mark.

Hall of Very Good

But ultimately a guy who had fortunate timing to arrive in a division where the top was very old.

Really fell apart once he had to face guys his own age.

Obviously not. His fights against Silva sure could (will) be, but his career?! Come on, he is a journeyman who add only one shine...

Its noteworthy but I probably wouldnt put for example Woodley who has three defenses in. Then again there are not too many people 185 and up with three defenses.
Yeah I like the Woodley example. Woodley although he had 3 defenses was wedged in-between GSP and Usman who both seem like a more clear cut example of a hall of famer. Woodley you could legitimately argue wasn't even a top 15 fighter of the 2010 decade, most would say obviously not HOFer

Same with Weidman, very good resume but doesn't standing out when your wedged between Anderson, Robert, and Israel.

Woodley should definitely be in the hall of fame. You already have guys like Edgar, Bisping, Griffin and Evans in it.

Yeah I like the Woodley example. Woodley although he had 3 defenses was wedged in-between GSP and Usman who both seem like a more clear cut example of a hall of famer. Woodley you could legitimately argue wasn't even a top 15 fighter of the 2010 decade, most would say obviously not HOFer

Same with Weidman, very good resume but doesn't standing out when your wedged between Anderson, Robert, and Israel.
Whittaker had a single title defense. No way is he above Weidman.

Heck no.. he has as much claim to that honor as Luke Rockhold.

Whittaker had a single title defense. No way is he above Weidman.
Longevity usually outweighs someone having one or two more defenses, especially when we're talking about him having at least double the amount of ranked wins compared to Weidman which is really significant (especially since Robert is still an active fighter headlining cards). Even if you threw Robert out he still looks "hall of very good" wedged between Anderson and Usman

RDA is another one who technically only has 1 defense but screams hall of famer more so than someone like Woodley who technically has 3x as many defenses.

Last edited:
Back