Should Champions Walk Out With Their Belts??

Why is it a "WWE" thing?

UFC doesn't allow it just because they want to give the baldie Dana White even more air time.

1klxi68.jpg

Don't they give you a new belt for every successful title reign that you have?

Have a ring girl bring the new belt out, after the fighters entrances, and parade it around the ring while Bruce does the intros.

That would be awesome!! And they should have fireworks at the entrance, videos on a giant screen, and cool capes and outfits to wear to the ring too!!

Oh man, imagine a fan punked the belt like they do hats. Hilarious

Pro wrestling orgs and defunct Pride have you covered. It's a stupid thing to want MMA to be the same.

So, saunter to the cage, punch someone in the grill, and walkout? What'll happen? The "legitimacy" of the sport will take a hit? If I'm paying $49.95 for a PPV, then I want the spectacle. I want something to remember.

good idea. and to those bringing up the wwe angle; if you know that org did the belt thing then you obviously watch wwe, so what's the problem?

It would make sense, but it immediately reminds me of WWE.
Hang it up from the ceiling and have a ladder match. That'll boost those PPV buys.

I have always wondered why they don't but I believe Matt Hughes said he had a belt for every time he defended. I guess they fight for a new belt and a UFC Champion gets to keep the one they won in their last title fight. I suppose its not like WWE where there is one belt that passes from "Champion to Champion".

So, saunter to the cage, punch someone in the grill, and walkout? What'll happen? The "legitimacy" of the sport will take a hit? If I'm paying $49.95 for a PPV, then I want the spectacle. I want something to remember.

That's where we disagree. I don't care about the spectacle, the media circus and trash talking. The punch in the mouth is the only important part of that equation. That's the part to remember, not the twenty minute intro with flares and cowboys and apple tossing or whatever England did for its Olympic opening ceremony.

Last edited:
now see i think that would be too much... i like that its more like a sport now and not such a spectacle... i loved pride but pride is gone and theres no sense in trying to recreate it... i think fireworks, pyro, and smoke would be "WWE-like"...

i like the simple walk-ins and i usually get pumped up by just their attitude and walkout song alone... i even liked werdum's last walkout against travis browne... i thought he instantly seemed larger than life...

but i dont think just walking out with the belt is too "WWE"... i do understand that the belt is in a neutral state at that point so maybe thats why they dont... but its just something to think about...

:icon_chee

Almost all professional sports use fireworks, pyro, smoke, and/or some type of light show during entrances. Football, basketball, hockey, etc. The idea that the UFC should be this "pure" sport and have no "spectacle" is ridiculous. We watch the be entertained, and the entertainment goes beyond just what happens in the cage.

Pro wrestling orgs and defunct Pride have you covered. It's a stupid thing to want MMA to be the same.

Why is it stupid to want an exciting show?

Should we all sit in silence while random fighters are trotted out through the crowd to have their hats stolen off their heads? Is that the dignified entrance MMA deserves?

Back