Should Bisping move up to 205?

Scott Lawlor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Michael Bisping has been wanting a title shot for awhile now but knockout losses to Henderson & Belfort along with a decision loss to Sonnen have prevented this. The guys title chances at 185 right now are slim, guys like Weidman & Lombard are definitely ahead of him right now with all their hype and he's gonna need a number of wins to get another chance.

I think the best thing for his career would be to go back to the Light Heavyweight division. Jon Jones' next opponent is Chael Sonnen, he is coming off a TKO loss to Anderson Silva and is already getting another title shot. Not to mention before him, Vitor Belfort came in on short notice and got a TS as well. Bisping getting a TS there is not too hard to imagine.

The most important fights in the division are as follows:

1) Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen
2) Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
3) Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi
4) Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira

If Bisping went into that division he'd only need a couple of wins or a much-needed injury replacement to get a title shot.

I don't think he should have dropped to MW in first place.
But right now, he has no place in LHW.
What happened against Vitor is, Vitor is a better striker. He should went to lay-and-pray mode. Also he respected Vitor too much.
I think he needs to stick into MWs but... more training, less trashtalk.

Why? He still beats almost everyone else in the division.

No.....more power in the striking of the 205ers.....it's not a good idea.

Maybe...I mean he did have better success at LHW. On the other hand he looked small compared to Vitor. Maybe he could make WW.

He should just stay at 185 there's no matches I want to see bisping in at 205 other than maybe shogun or a rematch with rashad

He left 205 for a reason..

Jones
Hendo
Rashad
Lyoto
Gus
Shogun
Davis
Bader
Rampage
Nog

Can't beat anyone in the top 10 IMO..

Why do people have these bad ideas about switching weight classes?

Bisping is in the weakest of the 5 original divisions in the UFC (including heavyweight)

Why would he want to move up to LHW, a legitimate division with the #1 p4p fighter in the business right now?

Why would he want to move down to WW to fight the horde of wrestlers with huge power and top p4p fighters?

Cung Le and Munoz would most likely waste Bisping also, Bisping/Franklin would be cool though.

Lol at Munoz, the guy who despite his wrestling accumen struggled to take down Kendall Grove, he was also outstruck and rocked by K1 Maia.

The only other guy I would give a serious advantage over Bisping would be Lombard.

If he wants a title shot, he should probably move to 205. And talk a lot of trash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back