Should Aldo Retire?

His camp is primitive as fuck though. Anyway, Aldo is the man. I hope he does whatever makes him happy.
I do agree about his camp. I know it's a loyalty thing but he needs to mix it up. He ever said as much lately.

It's not his skill that is the problem imo it is his preparation and game-planning. He has been sticking to the same script for way too long and it has made him a bit robotic. Other camps are experts in strategizing. Una Noviao is not one if them imo.

I do agree about his camp. I know it's a loyalty thing but he needs to mix it up. He ever said as much lately.

It's not his skill that is the problem imo it is his preparation and game-planning. He has been sticking to the same script for way too long and it has made him a bit robotic. Other camps are experts in strategizing. Una Noviao is not one if them imo.

Lmao @ Una Noviao

So if fighting like a pussy in the UFC is smart then does his WEC career somehow means he was fighting dumb?

Because he took chances and looked to finish off his opponent's mistakes in WEC.

He has fought like a pussy in the UFC again there is nothing wrong with coming to that conclusion especially if you are familiar with his earlier career fights against elite competition.

Stagnate and your competition will pass you by and that's exactly what happened his last fight but it was apparent in the Mendes 2 fight as well. Aldo's face looked like he stuck it in a bee hive.
Mendes is a great fighter. And Aldo still won 4 rounds to 1. The guy lost one fight in ten years and his competition has passed him by? This is so Sherdog.

And again, there is a difference between fighting conservative and fighting like a pussy.

In the WEC he didn't have large Brazilian sponsors that come with him being a UFC champ that also had a large, exclusive tv deal with a Brazikkian network that gets a ton of exposure and he wasn't getting half a million per win.

Fighters are in this to make money. There aren't too many fighters with a 240k win bonus that also have out-of-country sponsorships.

The guy was sleeping on gym floors and living in the favelas when he got into MMA. Now he making probably 2 million a year and just pocketed 5 million from his last fight, an opportunity he wouldn't have had if he wasn't champ. This really should be self-explanatory why he stopped fighting the style he used in the WEC.

The UFC would probably like him to retire, he's sticking it to them if he keeps fighting

Back