Shorts: Sprawl vs NOGI...

Soid said:
I've never ordered sprawl shorts because of a risk that they might be too tight and i don't wanna send shorts back and forth.

Yo nogi, when will you make those shorts out of the stretchy material?

I don't think you will have a problem with the SPRAWLs with the new waist Soid if that is what your really worried about.

The Real Chris Brennan said:
You were talking about us right?
Yea, those white shorts are sick as hell. those cartoons just don't do justice. if colin got these, i hope he wears them to the nogi class at renzos.

whats the website to nogi?

I am trying to take some pics but they keep turning out like shit. You like them better on someone or layed out?

The Real Chris Brennan said:
I am trying to take some pics but they keep turning out like shit. You like them better on someone or layed out?
Makes no difference to me bro :D

Chris,
Pics of the shorts on someone are better to tell the fit. If you have to take them laid out for lighting/photo purposes that would be fine. Just get them up.
I am one of those big legged guys and can't wear the Sprawls.
Big thanks to No Gi for supporting the geneticly buff legged!

Nogi industries said:
JeffGlover_RussMiura ADCC2005.jpg

x14.jpg
here are the pics of someone wearig the shorts, they look great.

Good review. Like to see how they handle under training (the nogi's I mean) cause they are one of the shorts I have not had the chance to review.

~Foz

i had a chance to roll in the nogi's this weekend and they were all good - a really solid short. they dont have the slit up the side but are roomy in the hips and thighs so its not a problem.

the thing that sets them apart is that they are really pimp-looking, stylish shorts. good embroidery and colors. i wore them saturday night at a party cause i had no other shorts and a couple girls said, "hey i like your shorts, but what the hell does nogi mean?" lol, sluts..............

gives me the opportunity to show them a triangle.

soid - yeah ill be wearing them around the academy, but im sitting here at work right now, about 10 minutes before class starts and its not looking good. damn this fucking job...one week left til i get back to some serious training.

Those brown ones look really slick. I might have to pick up a pair to go with my SPRAWLs.

You can wear all of them anywhere that is the cool part about them. That is also why they are selling other places....

Glad you liked them. Milk Chocolate comes in on the 16th in our t-shirts so they will match our shorts again

i want those shorts more for playing handball, they look comfy as hell

We found an old pic from the original site of the Blue shorts.

bordshort_LG.gif

BTW: in the pic above there is now an "O" logo embroidered on the back waist.

E C Monee said:
But I will say this I just got my size 38 sprawls in the mail and I am extremely dissapointed I had to go up a size due to the hip area being way too tight on the size 36 sprawls. I got the 38s and same deal and the waist is way loose but the hips are way too tight and due to the material being stiffer than the nogi I can't do anything with them i can't do side kicks and my front kicks are limited and the only way to get some mobility is to hike them up and then you end up with major wedjie. I love the sprawls I really do but unfortunately they aren't made for big legs. What gets me too is the discription of the 06 sprawls say more hip room I guarantee if thats true the old style there is no way I could get even 40s on when I wear a 36.(

Damn, dude, how big are your legs? Have you measured your thighs?

I wear 38's in jeans so Steve told me to order 40's (in the Sprawls) and just tighten the waist. They fit fantastically on me and I have fairly massive legs (I squat over 400, deadlift nearly 500). With the slit up the side, I have no difficulty kicking high, although high kicks aren't really my thing. They're comfortable, mobile, and spacious all around. I haven't had a chance to do high front kicks in practice yet so I'll post the results on that when I do.

Also, I'm definitely feeling Colin on the looks (NoGi and Sprawl). These are the slickest looking shorts I have ever owned, without a doubt. If I wasn't concerned about taking the best care of them, I'd wear them to every social event possible. Hell, I'm probably just going to stop buying other shorts, I'll own pairs just to go to parties. The loose-fitting rashguard isn't terribly loose on me (XL, I'm a big fella) but that just makes it all the much sexier. When I pulled them from the mail, I put them on right away and just stared at myself in the mirror like a 13-year-old girl. I was like Ron Burgundy: "I look good. I mean really guuhd. Hey everyone! Come here and look at how good I look!"

Back