Shoop Shoop the Aldo

That sounds absolutely horrendous!! I can imaging the discomfort and strain that puts on you. You need a decent ergonomic setup for PS'ing for a period of time. It can damage your body - back strain, ligament strain, eye strain, etc. Plus working from TV must just suck, although maybe you are used to that resolution.

There are some ways to get a decent monitor and a desk cheap. Of course a thrift store and even driving around at night/day when they do the "big trash" pickup or w/e its called when you can throw large stuff out. Also some of the Koreans sell A, A-, and B panels from very expensive monitors. They throw them in cheaper housing and you can get an expensive panel for dirt cheap.

Like 5 years ago when the Apple Thunderbolt 1440P was one of the kingly graphics monitors at $1400, you could get an Apple reject panel. What that means is Apple test their panels and if they dont pass the test they grade them. Some maybe were so slightly out of color or maybe had minute amounts of backbleed, they would grade "A" and the Koreans would buy them up cheap. Apple only used A+ panels. the more defects it had, such as X amount of dead pixels or w/e, the lower the grade.

Anwyays this Korean company called Qnix was able to snag the best ones. Through researching monitor forums, tech forums, etc I was able to find the more reputable resellers. They sold this BEAUTIFUL, GEORGEOUS, PERFECT, BAD ASS monitor for $279 (vs $1400 for the real thing). For $20 more you could get a "pixel perfect" version meaning the vendor would open it up and check that there was no defects that your eye could detect. I made sure I got the one with the Samsung Panel (which was the best version) and that it was the one that could overclock to 120HZ. So for $299 I basically bought an Apple thunderbolt. It still sells for like $800 or so.

I don't know the deals now, but I am sure all of this is still going on behind the scenes. Also check out https://slickdeals.net/ which is perhaps the largest Hot Deals sight on the net. May take you months to find that epic hot deal, but it shuold come. Also try www.camalcamelcamel.com. You put in a price and it emails you when that price comes up. I saw some $150 headphones and for shits and giggles I put in $20. Well about 8 months later I got a notification and got them for $19.99.

There are also refurbs from all of the manufacturers. BenQ for example offers like 60-70%+ off on refurbs and offers a one year warranty. I would not buy a refurb if it didn't come with a one year or at least the option to buy an extended warranty.
Thanks for the suggestions bro.

This set-up was mostly a choice and also because of the lack of available space I had in my living room when I moved in here. I stuffed the computer desk, monitor etc. in the bedroom. So they're collecting dust and not being used. I took my PC tower and hooked it up to the living room TV.

I kind of like this setup because it allows me to sit back and go on the internet, watch some videos, Netflix, games etc.. But it's absolutely terrible for things like Photoshop or anything that requires precision or detail with the mouse/keyboard. My display settings are zoomed to 175% and I still have to lean foward since i'm sitting pretty far away from the TV.

The plan at first was to be able to use my computer and have a setup that combined the comfort of the couch/TV but I soon realized there are many things that can't be done the same way they can when you're sitting at a desk. The resolution like you mentionned is also a big factor.

Appreciate all the suggestions. The ideal solution will be a laptop I think.

2df35122-9628-470b-8038-19d438a328c4-jpeg.475907

pretty cool man. What filters did you use?

pretty cool man. What filters did you use?
I use PicsArt, but the original was already a black and white drawing. I pretty much cropped Aldo to fit and used a filter to make it look like a black and white drawing.

The original pic:
il_fullxfull.730666605_ee2a.jpg

haha best pity posts ever!! My one year old thread with ZERO shoops has made a revival. I must admit i kinda liked it with zero shoops. I always wanted to be the best at something and being the best failure brought that dream to fruition.

Anyways guys I know some of you already have access to this, but as a present from my heart here is access to something special. One day these will be made public but for now keep these on the down low.
Thank you!

Head movement!! Head movement!! Damn dude you got it smooooooooth. Nice work!

Watch out he is coming for you!! He has figured it out rapidly. Didn't really help him much and he has progressed faster than anyone I have seen. Can't wait for him to get Photoshop.

Yea, i'm surprised at how quick he went from making a first shoop to making smooth gif shoops. Pretty amazing.

You guys:

tenor.gif

@bigwaverider you're being modest, you have helped me a tonnnnnnn. I bombarded you with a million questions and you answered every single one of them. Posted links to tutorials and explained a lot of stuff I had no idea about. You're a Sherdog treasure and a top guy IMO no matter what it says about you on the bathroom stall walls at the Hawaiian YMCA.

@Sansnom I've been looking through some old shoop threads and watching your progression is inspiring as fook, now that I know you are managing to do all this stuff while lying on the couch eating Cheetos and jacking off.......well, let's just say I'm impressed. Your Jones power snort gif is one of my absolute favorites.

You guys:

tenor.gif

@bigwaverider you're being modest, you have helped me a tonnnnnnn. I bombarded you with a million questions and you answered every single one of them. Posted links to tutorials and explained a lot of stuff I had no idea about. You're a Sherdog treasure and a top guy IMO no matter what it says about you on the bathroom stall walls at the Hawaiian YMCA.

@Sansnom I've been looking through some old shoop threads and watching your progression is inspiring as fook, now that I know you are managing to do all this stuff while lying on the couch eating Cheetos and jacking off.......well, let's just say I'm impressed. Your Jones power snort gif is one of my absolute favorites.

Haha I look at it like this. Put a monkey in a room. Tie some bananas to the ceiling. Throw in a stick... and a box. He will figure it out. But seriously man you are pumping out some nice gifs. No one does that so rapidly.

Haha I look at it like this. Put a monkey in a room. Tie some bananas to the ceiling. Throw in a stick... and a box. He will figure it out. But seriously man you are pumping out some nice gifs. No one does that so rapidly.

Me making a gif and using my hammer and chisel on GIMP:

tenor.gif

Head movement!! Head movement!!

I'll be the Ronda Rousey to your Edmond Tarverdyan any day bro. :eek:

Last edited:
Could be done but didnt feel like making his mouth move along with the others.

aGlduVV.gif

Me making a gif and using my hammer and chisel on GIMP:
tenor.gif

I'll be the Ronda Rousey to your Edmond Tarverdyan any day bro. :eek:

Hammer and chisel is a legit technique. Even when I do my competitive Photoshopping I have to beat on it to make it work. Not unusual to have 10 or more adjustment layers on one object. Sometimes there is no "one, two punch" (referring to doing one or two "things") to make something work. At times you have to use tricks that are outside the box.

Conor in the middle and Holloway on the left would be amazing (still a great shoop) or Frankie on the left

Conor would be awesome in the mid for sure. The guy is green so he has a leprechaun-ness to him. Frankie would be better than Max or even Mini Mendes. Been spending too much time here and neglecting another site that I Photoshop on, so I am not sure if I wanna spend more time on it. Thanks for the feedback and the idea. I will mull it over. I think I would prefer to make his mouth move and maybe re-use the shoop later and add another fighter that loses in the future. Hopefully I can add Ortega. I want Max to win so bad.... then add a third victim of Max when that occurs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back