Shogun won the striking exchanges against Paul Craig.

Shogun should've retired when his brother did. Dude has so many miles, went through the knee ops and his athleticism is all but gone.

The last thing he is is a pussy.

Shogun was beating Paul Craig in the stand up exchanges. Not bad considering his age, MMA mileage, and how sluggish he looked. He only lost after Craig decided he couldn't beat Shogun standing and took him to the ground.

If I hadn't watched the fight and just read the comments here on Sherdog, I would have thought Shogun got outclassed and dominated. :cool:
You make it sound like going to the ground was Craig's plan B when he realized he was getting his ass handed to him, instead of his A plan all along, and he was neither concerned with, nor inclined to find out, whether he'd be able to stand with Shogun overall.

I'm not his fan. I'm just pointing out the fact that many of the threads made the fight appeared as if it was a blowout when in fact it was quite competitive until Shogun got taken down.
"until Shogun got taken down" - that was about 95% of the fight. He was dominated.

I dont understand why people are calling this legend a pussy for tapping to strikes...do they forget all the wars he had and how he always walked forward?
Remember his fight with Hendo, that's a fucking warrior and put some respect on his name.
The man knows when he is done.
Alot of you got into fighting for the wrong reasons.
You should respect these legends or you make this forum look bad and I am a blue belt joined in 2018.
dan_henderson_vs_mauriciorua_1000477.0.jpg
Of course they forgot. Just like they forgot Diego's entire career when he took the way out against that flippy guy. Those people are not real fans.

You make it sound like going to the ground was Craig's plan B when he realized he was getting his ass handed to him, instead of his A plan all along, and he was neither concerned with, nor inclined to find out, whether he'd be able to stand with Shogun overall.

I don't know what his gameplans were. All I'm saying is that the fight was not a one-sided beatdown like many of the threads made it seemed to be.

It was competitive, back and forth, and Shogun was getting the better of the striking exchange near the end of the 3rd until Craig took him down.

I don't know what his gameplans were. All I'm saying is that the fight was not a one-sided beatdown like many of the threads made it seemed to be.

It was competitive, back and forth, and Shogun was getting the better of the striking exchange near the end of the 3rd until Craig took him down.
Not sure what fight you were watching. I was watching the one where Shogun was TKO'd and tapped to strikes in the second round.

Was there an alternative universe version where Shogun that was competitive through three rounds vs taken down and dominated in both of the only rounds of the fight?

Shogun was hardly better on the feet, even though he seemed to land more, I felt he was in more danger. Couldn’t phase Craig, however Craig seemed more dangerous and could put out shogun at anytime. It’s not like it was a blowout on the feet.

We need Craig to rematch Ankalaev and help us forget about that blip on Ankalaev's record. There should really be no doubt that Ankalaev crushes Craig right now.
I don’t think it’s needed. It’s just a great win for Craig.

Shogun was beating Paul Craig in the stand up exchanges. Not bad considering his age, MMA mileage, and how sluggish he looked. He only lost after Craig decided he couldn't beat Shogun standing and took him to the ground.

If I hadn't watched the fight and just read the comments here on Sherdog, I would have thought Shogun got outclassed and dominated. :cool:
He looked awful.

We need Craig to rematch Ankalaev and help us forget about that blip on Ankalaev's record. There should really be no doubt that Ankalaev crushes Craig right now.
Not how match-making works. Craig beat him cleanly, like he's beaten many others and even a teammate of Ankalaev's. He's got nothing to prove in re matching either.

just watched this fight and wow shogun was getting hit with the softest pillow punches and that made him tap

this dude is DONE
he was never good and got a fluke win over machida
send him to bellator so machida can prove he is the better fighter

Back