Shogun looking lean

Beating that version of Chuck wasn't too hard, PVZ would have destroyed that Chuck
Chuck was still dangerous when he fought Shogun, he just didn't have a jaw courtesy Rampage and Shad. Plus he went on and KTFO Cheeta.

I think being an incredible wrestler counts too... He has incredible wrestling technique. He put everybody down and controlled, even on the clinch hes great! Only Jones were imunne to his tatics (thanx god)... I dont like Cormiers style, hes a bit boring and nothing amazing, creative, but he gets the Job done.
Jon Jones, also an incredible athlete with lower testosterone levels than Rosie Odonald.

To be clear, I'm saying that the main reason Shogun wouldn't be competitive today is because prime Shogun never juiced enough

Jon Jones, also an incredible athlete with lower testosterone levels than Rosie Odonald.

To be clear, I'm saying that the main reason Shogun wouldn't be competitive today is because prime Shogun never juiced enough
I wonder how these guys are getting past Usada... Do u know anything about peds? Looks like Usada control is doing good, but not great.

I wonder how these guys are getting past Usada... Do u know anything about peds? Looks like Usada control is doing good, but not great.
You can take steroids and pass a USADA test with ~5 minutes of google searching. Drug testing in general is a joke.

The crazy thing is that MMA fighters are still getting popped. I think that the stereotype of cage fighters being dumb meatheads isn't too far off.

You can take steroids and pass a USADA test with ~5 minutes of google searching. Drug testing in general is a joke.

The crazy thing is that MMA fighters are still getting popped. I think that the stereotype of cage fighters being dumb meatheads isn't too far off.
Haha, good one... But hey, im not even against PEDs (if everybody does it), but i was against that TRT thing, that only a few guys were on all the time... I think some older guys really got better cause of that stuff, specially Belfort, that looked like a monster!

So I've been the sherdog GOAT poster longer than I care to admit, and I have come to the conclusion that people don't change. I've have members DM me "hey GOAT, how are you so DAMN alpha?!," "where did you learn to post so DAMN good?" To which I say. "Hey man, I'm just like you. I put my pants on one leg at at time...difference is that when my pants are on, I make GOAT posts!"

Point is, Shogun is a DAMN warrior and its no surprise he's taking his game seriously. I expect no less of him

#GUERNICAbless
@Guernica, quit trying to trick everyone into believing you're wearing pants when posting.

Haha, good one... But hey, im not even against PEDs (if everybody does it), but i was against that TRT thing, that only a few guys were on all the time... I think some older guys really got better cause of that stuff, specially Belfort, that looked like a monster!
I've taken roids before and the minimal research I did taught me enough to pass a USADA test. I'm not an athlete, by the way; just a guy that goes to the gym. I know almost nothing about PEDs but could still pass a test if I were a pro-MMA athlete.

Literally just change one chemical chain in a steroid and it passes tests. It's that easy and there are new drugs coming out every day faster than USADA can add them to their list of tested substances.

That's why it blows my mind that these guys are failing tests. They do this for a living and still fail tests. It's almost unbelievable.

I've taken roids before and the minimal research I did taught me enough to pass a USADA test. I'm not an athlete, by the way; just a guy that goes to the gym. I know almost nothing about PEDs but could still pass a test if I were a pro-MMA athlete.

Literally just change one chemical chain in a steroid and it passes tests. It's that easy and there are new drugs coming out every day faster than USADA can add them to their list of tested substances.

That's why it blows my mind that these guys are failing tests. They do this for a living and still fail tests. It's almost unbelievable.
Yeah, lazy people it seems.

He throws haymakers. Anyone has power if they throw haymakers. I just dont think a ~5'11 natural athlete is athletic compared to these juiced up guys and 6'4 230 lb shredded guys we have at 205 now.

For a 5'11 guy to even reach the proper size at 205, a lean 220 lbs, would require PEDs. A 5'11 natural bodybuilder that does nothing but lift, watch his diet, and has top 1% genetics can't get that big.

i agree with your logic. However, like all rules, it has exceptions. For instance, current LHW champion has exactly 5´11 and is chubby. Shogun actually has 6´1. But yeah, he can still beat bums but imo he wont beat the best.

I know he won't but I don't want to see him go against Rumble or DC. Shogun is a legendary warrior who deserves to go out on a win. I don't want to see him retire on a KO loss like Chuck and Hughes.

For me it wouldnt be so bad. I'd take the trade off of him fighting for the title and getting KO'd rather than not fighting for it at all......I think it would be worth it cause in a fight anything can happen and leading up for 10 weeks it would be pretty exciting. I just wouldnt get my hopes up high for a win. Even if he loses he can always take another fight as his last one and come out with a win.

He better take a fight soon though because the LHW title picture is wide open now but will be closing mid year with guys coming back. Gus is out with back injury till summer, Bader is free agent and testing market, Glover is fighting a lower guy and coming of a loss, Jones out till July. Rumble/DC has to happen in the early spring and I am guessing winner fights Jones.

For me it wouldnt be so bad. I'd take the trade off of him fighting for the title and getting KO'd rather than not fighting for it at all......I think it would be worth it cause in a fight anything can happen and leading up for 10 weeks it would be pretty exciting. I just wouldnt get my hopes up high for a win. Even if he loses he can always take another fight as his last one and come out with a win.

He better take a fight soon though because the LHW title picture is wide open now but will be closing mid year with guys coming back. Gus is out with back injury till summer, Bader is free agent and testing market, Glover is fighting a lower guy and coming of a loss, Jones out till July. Rumble/DC has to happen in the early spring and I am guessing winner fights Jones.
With all that going on he might get Misha Cirkunov if the UFC decides Shogun is old news and want to see if Misha can get that feather in his cap seeing as the UFC sounds like it will be heading to Russia in 2017. Again though, if Shogun can put a title run together I am all for it.

i agree with your logic. However, like all rules, it has exceptions. For instance, current LHW champion has exactly 5´11 and is chubby. Shogun actually has 6´1. But yeah, he can still beat bums but imo he wont beat the best.
I think what makes Cormier Cormier is that his wrestling and control are off the charts.... The man is amazing in that department.

With all that going on he might get Misha Cirkunov if the UFC decides Shogun is old news and want to see if Misha can get that feather in his cap seeing as the UFC sounds like it will be heading to Russia in 2017. Again though, if Shogun can put a title run together I am all for it.
Im pumped to see CIrkunov Shogun more than any other matchup... Manuwa Shogun is good too.

I wonder how his bro is doing. Havent heared anything from ninja for a long time. Hope the guy is ok.

Back