Shogun looking lean

Big Shogun fan, I want him back in the mix. A healthy and fit Shogun is a scary Shogun.
This isn't 2005 anymore. Even if Shogun was in his prime, the division has evolved past him. A skinny-fat short guy with no power and average speed, crap wrestling, and average bjj isn't champ material in 2016.

It's funny that Shogun was considered a super athlete back in 2005 but even a 2005 Shogun would be considered a shit athlete compared to the guys in 2016.

Last edited:
After the destruction Edgar laid on him in their third fight I hope BJ has a way better game plan.
Man, i think Bjs and Shoguns problems are really similar: They both have great technique, talent and a warriors heart, but most of the time they lacking a better camp with a strategic mind behind and they also lack that extra physical fitness to compete with these newer beasts. But both guys are still amazing imo... Im pumped to see BJs comeback against Yair!

This isn't 2005 anymore. Even if Shogun was in his prime, the division has evolved past him. A skinny-fat short guy with no power and average speed, crap wrestling, and average bjj isn't champ material in 2016.
Damn Man... You no Shogun fan i can see :)

It's funny that Shogun was considered a super athlete back in 2005 but even a 2005 Shogun would be considered a shit athlete compared to the guys in 2016.
In 2005 the division was much better off than it is now. It is clinging on the return of one man.

Shogun can beat Mauwa, the sixth ranked guy at 205. Don't forget Rua is still top ten at LHW fools.

Last edited:
Man, i think Bjs and Shoguns problems are really similar: They both have great technique, talent and a warriors heart, but most of the time they lacking a better camp with a strategic mind behind and they also lack that extra physical fitness to compete with these newer beasts. But both guys are still amazing imo... Im pumped to see BJs comeback against Yair!
True. BJ is with Jackson/Wink now so it'll be a bit different but BJ does his own thing in the cage supposedly.
Watch BJ bang with Rodriguez and drop him. Everyone will hop back on the BJ hype.

Wrong. Fuck off!

At that point if he does win his next one there is no way he's retiring. He will go for a title shot, I mean whats the point of retiring if you're that close? I'd like to see him retire on a win as well but not before he closes out this last run at the title. I doubt he's winning the title even if he gets there, but that would be satisfying enough for me. After that take a fight to retire.
I know he won't but I don't want to see him go against Rumble or DC. Shogun is a legendary warrior who deserves to go out on a win. I don't want to see him retire on a KO loss like Chuck and Hughes.

Nice, but you in a bad mood with him... No power? Shogun at least still got some power.
He throws haymakers. Anyone has power if they throw haymakers. I just dont think a ~5'11 natural athlete is athletic compared to these juiced up guys and 6'4 230 lb shredded guys we have at 205 now.

For a 5'11 guy to even reach the proper size at 205, a lean 220 lbs, would require PEDs. A 5'11 natural bodybuilder that does nothing but lift, watch his diet, and has top 1% genetics can't get that big.

He throws haymakers. Anyone has power if they throw haymakers. I just dont think a ~5'11 natural athlete is athletic compared to these juiced up guys and 6'4 230 lb shredded guys we have at 205 now.

For a 5'11 guy to even reach the proper size at 205, a lean 220 lbs, would require PEDs. A 5'11 natural bodybuilder that does nothing but lift, watch his diet, and has top 1% genetics can't get that big.
Yeah, Guys really are much bigger now... Gustafsson and Jones both dwarf him...

So I've been the sherdog GOAT poster longer than I care to admit, and I have come to the conclusion that people don't change. I've have members DM me "hey GOAT, how are you so DAMN alpha?!," "where did you learn to post so DAMN good?" To which I say. "Hey man, I'm just like you. I put my pants on one leg at at time...difference is that when my pants are on, I make GOAT posts!"

Point is, Shogun is a DAMN warrior and its no surprise he's taking his game seriously. I expect no less of him

#GUERNICAbless
Bless shogun and bless the goat.

Yeah, Guys really are much bigger now... Gustafsson and Jones both dwarf him...
Even the shorter guys somehow have the testosterone levels of 10 year old girls. And it's Cormier's explosiveness, muscle mass, and speed that allow him to compete with those 6'4 guys. You explain to me how that's possible if you have the lowest testosterone levels of any man in history?

Even the shorter guys somehow have the testosterone levels of 10 year old girls. And it's Cormier's explosiveness, muscle mass, and speed that allow him to compete with those 6'4 guys. You explain to me how that's possible if you have the lowest testosterone levels of any man in history?
I think being an incredible wrestler counts too... He has incredible wrestling technique. He put everybody down and controlled, even on the clinch hes great! Only Jones were imunne to his tatics (thanx god)... I dont like Cormiers style, hes a bit boring and nothing amazing, creative, but he gets the Job done.

Back