Shogun going for legendary career ending

Man people are really disillusion. Three fight win streak, one fight which II thought he lost, and not he's going for the title. Maybe he gets one with a win if the UFC is feeling generous and so DC will take one fight before Brock but for anyone giving him any kind of chance against DC is insane. Rumble couldn't take him out but an out of prime Rua has a shot smh.

i don't think people are giving him a real shot, they just WANT him to win because it would be an awesome comeback story and at the same time totally revamp the LHW division.

but he definitely has a shot at KO'ing anyone. just because Rumble couldn't take him out doesn't indicate Shogun can't. Shogun has a better gas tank, much more heart, and a natural killer instinct that Rumble doesn't. i'm not saying he's a better fighter than Rumble, but he poses a different kind of threat than Rumble does.

everyone knows, survive a few rds with Rumble, make him fight a fight he doesn't want to fight, and sooner rather than later he'll just fold.

that is not the case with Shogun, if you want to beat Shogun you literally have to BEAT him.

If he beats Smith I don't see why he shouldn't get a title shot, Gus haven't fought in like a 100 years, Volkan is coming off a loss to the champ and Latifi is injured.

If Comier vacates I can see Shogun vs the winner of Gus vs Volkan for the belt.

I honestly really want Shogun to get the shot, but I feel like Romero could step in and KO DC out cold. Really wish we could see that fight before DC retires.

Shogun was in his prime when he got stomped by Sonnen. He is not getting the belt.

All this thread does is remind me how sweet it would have been if Hendo had gotten the finish on Bisping and retired with the belt. Almost ...

Shogun gets knocked out and everything goes back to normal

This is the likely outcome, but...

...you gotta agree that Shogun retiring with the belt would be so perfect.

I always follow shogun, but his best is way behind him. Would be great to get the belt to end his career tho.. Gl to him.

Hes basically got two paths to victory... First round KO before DC can get ahold of him (which to be honest he is capable of doing), or it to turns into a dog fight where he suceeds and breaks DC late (unlikely)
Anthony Johnson hit him fresh and did not even fazed him, Gus keened him on the chin, did not put him away... Shogun has like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000023% chance of finishing DC

Easy payday for Cormier. Hope he doesn't take too many days off and blow it.

Anthony Johnson hit him fresh and did not even fazed him, Gus keened him on the chin, did not put him away... Shogun has like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000023% chance of finishing DC

Rumble hit him fresh and did not faze him, but Jon Jones hit him and he did the fish dance and got KO'd.

Rumble is not the gold standard of knockout ability. no one is. Weidman hit Rockhold and didn't KO him, Bisping starches him directly after that fight. Stipe eats punches from Ngannou and beats him, gets KO'd in the 1st rd by a LHW, Mark Hunt eats multiple Mirko high kicks, Le Banner punches, JDS punches etc, gets KO'd out cold by a MW.

i can go on and on with examples of knockouts happening that make no sense.

I’d love to see it. Shogun holding the belt one more time before retiring

But the UFC won’t want to risk DC before the Brock fight no matter what DC wants so that’s a problem

And beating DC himself is an even bigger problem

Best case for Shogun is DC drops the title and he fights Gus for the vacant belt. He’s still the underdog in that fight but I think he has a better chance for sure

Enjoy it now. Soon there won't be anyone from that generation of fighters left.

Sorry but Shogun is gonna get eaten by the young Mr. Smith...

Back