Shogun going for legendary career ending

It would be awesome to see Shogun get far in this last run, and he might get by Anthony Smith, but he has about a punchers chance vs. DC, if that fight happens.

If Shogun wins this he should only fight DC if it would be his retirement fight.

Otherwise, he should fight Glover (if he wins against Corey) before challenging for the belt.

Rumble hit him fresh and did not faze him, but Jon Jones hit him and he did the fish dance and got KO'd.

Rumble is not the gold standard of knockout ability. no one is. Weidman hit Rockhold and didn't KO him, Bisping starches him directly after that fight. Stipe eats punches from Ngannou and beats him, gets KO'd in the 1st rd by a LHW, Mark Hunt eats multiple Mirko high kicks, Le Banner punches, JDS punches etc, gets KO'd out cold by a MW.

i can go on and on with examples of knockouts happening that make no sense.
Nganou did not hit stipe clean and you know it... What now you are saying that nobody has a ko power just to defend shogun...? realy?

A few points. 1. I love your enthusiasm TS. I am a huge Shogun fan and love seeing a legend win and get title opportunities. 2. Gus really should be getting the next title fight if he beats Volk, not Shogun. 3. Did DC say he would fight Shogun later this year? I haven't heard that 4. I'd love to see Shogun get the next title shot with a win this weekend! War Shogun!!!!!

Dc himself wants to fight Rua.

You are delusional. Belfort and Hendo got late career title shots.. Recently. If Shogun wins this fight big he gets the shot
I agree. Being a former LHW champ gets you bonus points and a faster track at a title shot in the division.

I mean they've given title shots to people way more undeserving, but it's not like his streak is that impressive. His last win was against Villante who is trash. I he KO's Smith that would be more impressive, but it's not like he's ranked either.

It is when his last first round finish pwas in 2013 against James Te Huna.
A few points. 1. I love your enthusiasm TS. I am a huge Shogun fan and love seeing a legend win and get title opportunities. 2. Gus really should be getting the next title fight if he beats Volk, not Shogun. 3. Did DC say he would fight Shogun later this year? I haven't heard that 4. I'd love to see Shogun get the next title shot with a win this weekend! War Shogun!!!!!
Yea, Dc wants Shogun before brock

Rua is a legend and doesnt have alot of time left. Gus can get the next shot if he beats Volkan

It’s weird to me that Shogun is still fighting Smith. Dc already said he wanted to fight Shogun. I thought Shogun was going to suddenly “get injured” and unable to fight smith so he can just fight dc next.

He lost to Hendo very similar to how Stipe lost to DC... Better avoid the greco clinch

Its crazy that Shogun in 2018, after so many losses and wars, is likely going to get a title shot with an impressive win here.

DC wants it, and i believe the ufc will give a legend like Shogun an epic last title shot. Like they did with Hendo.

He needs to win this fight big. His chin cant take big shots from this guy. I believe Rua is far better everywhere.. And even in 2018 i believe Kings mma has prepared a gameplan where this should be a victory for Rua.

If he does get the DC fight. That one is very difficult to picture Shogun winning.

Hes basically got two paths to victory... First round KO before DC can get ahold of him (which to be honest he is capable of doing), or it to turns into a dog fight where he suceeds and breaks DC late (unlikely)

Edit; i suppose if he could make Randleman tap from a leg lock he potentially could do that to anyone. He is a legit black belt and has years of experience on DC in that area

Either way. Who isnt on board for this

If he wins these 2 fights he would be p4p #1 again, in 2018

Well, as cool as it sounds I think Shogun has a very small chance. Just too much Damage, and three ACL repairs is hard on any athlete. Still, he does have a puncher's chance and he does have some slick take downs.

WAR SHOGUN

itU3qvwpqxCMg.gif

giphy.gif

SecondaryBasicAmethystinepython-max-1mb.gif
ShogunAlistair.gif

Back