Shill Helwani and Luke Thomas on the MMA beat trying to defend Romero

Luke is not a shill, wtf are you smoking

I can't imagine a pro athlete just going into GNC and buying off the counter stuff in the days of USADA. You never know what could be in them. It's a better safe than sorry mentality you should have.

In my eyes, Yoel popped and at the very least get a 1 year ban. You can show all you want that supplement was "tainted" but MOST supplements are tainted. That's why you don't take them. If I had a drug test for work, I wouldn't even take a scoop of protein powder beforehand because I don't know what's truly in it.
Yep, the rules are pretty clear: it is the athletes responsibility for what goes in.

Besides the fact that tainted supplements are the oldest bullshit excuse ever and anyone with a brain thinks Yoel has been juiced to the gills forever.

Luke Thomas has a very middle-eastern look. It would not surprise me if he was in cahoots with Helwani.

Ariel calls people out and asks the "hard questions" all the time. p4p best (or only?) real journalist in mma. haven't watched this yet but calling helwani a shill is pretty weird. dana is always pissed at ariel for sticking his nose (jew jokes incoming?) into things
his interview with jones was amazing

Sheep calling people shills ... Funny

Sounds like you're on a Yoel witch hunt. Look I don't believe Yoel is clean either, but he's innocent until proven guilty. If they just grill Romero for his looks, what message does USADA and the UFC send then?
People who juice and get in a cage offend me. Yoel did so. I hope he never fights again.

My recollection is that Jones said a bunch of stuff that made no sense and Helwani didn't call him on it.
jones admitting he partied like an animal, drank, smoked weed, did coke (he didnt admit the coke part fully....) and hardly trained for any fights especially gus was pretty wild

It's hard for me to believe that anyone competing at that level doesn't know exactly what's in their shit.

I thought Luke Thomas' argument was somewhat weak too

He said there are some upstart companies that are not regulated who sell supplements, and they are easily contaminated, and so athletes shouldn't be penalised more a companies mistake.

But the athlete should be sticking to known companies not going to shitty companies and then crying its not my fault. If the risk applied to all companies then Luke's argument would be unobjectionable.

Anyway, I still don't believe Romero. These tainted supplements can be quite the perfect excuse if you know which ones are contaminated with the ingredient you would love to have an excuse for.

I find it interesting they make it sound like contamination is happening on a daily basis.

How many positives last year did USADA have where the athlete successfully proved contamination?

yet UFC have had 2 in he space of weeks :D

Oh and "usada are new to this, this is all a new thing it will take a while for them to figure out the procedure"

Fuck me.. USADA have been doing this for 15 years in all levels of sport, and UFC journos are suddenly saying "hang on usada, youve been doing this all wrong" :D

Sounds like you're on a Yoel witch hunt. Look I don't believe Yoel is clean either, but he's innocent until proven guilty. If they just grill Romero for his looks, what message does USADA and the UFC send then?
They're not grilling him for his looks. He's not suspended based on a smell test, he failed a random out of competition test.

Helwani has definite shill tendencies.

Luke Thomas has many tendencies.

If almost everyone is using, then it's a moot point who got popped, since the guys who got popped all had dozens of fights without getting caught.

So we either assume they only used the time they got caught, or everyone's using but some are getting lucky with the timing of their testing.

Calling Helwani and Luke shill because of this topic is weak. Go watch MMA Beat 96, their first topic about Romero. Helwani still think Romero should be punish and Luke thinks fighters should be able to bring in their stuff to UFC or USDA and get tested for free before putting it in their system.

However, the over the counter supplements that actually DO affect performance, for example "Mag-10", are really just pro-hormones and illegal steroids repackaged by shady supplement companies who know they can get away with selling them because the government gives 0 fucks.

h
let these guys roid

and glad the government gives 0 fucks cause whats the problem in using hormones and steroids for your own personal benefit?

I'm on the fence with this one, it's not like he pulled an As with tainted "dick supplements". If the product was tested by the USADA and it was found to be tainted then I think he's kind of not liable.

But on the other hand wasn't it a masking agent that the supplement tested positive for? I'm not saying he has any insider knowledge on the product or tested it himself though.

I think they should give him a pass and pop test the shit out of him leading up to his next fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back