Shields-Paul, best grappling war ever

Check out Maia vs. Macdonald. One of the best chess matches I've seen. Macdonald even had Maia's back.

Pretty sure both of these guys fight for WSOF. Worldwide MMA.

yeah really annoying since the asshole with the chantel jeffries av ruined the results for people who were in the ufc forum saturday night and recording wsof. I wish they would have banned that asshole. And to people who say i should stay off the internet are the same people who like to discuss live events online. Yet the piece of shit posted WSOF results in the UFC forum and people want to blame me for that. Sorry for wanting to discuss the live UFC event with other fans while staying off all other MMA sites and social media. I wish I could have punched the guy right in the face. This TS is an idiot too but not so bad to post results of an event that was going on at the same time.

Jason McDonald vs Demien Maia is up there as well. McDonald was the first guy to not be scared of Maia on the ground.

Just Once said:
in my opinion, Jake didn't dominate Paul really as much as some people say he did because I didn't think there was anyway Jake was going to submit Paul from a mount and if anyone was threatening with submissions, it was Paul and Jake doesn't really do a whole lot of damage from the top anyways.

Shields looked lost in top position; Palhares did a lot of damage from the bottom. It was always clear who the more dangerous grappler was.

Sanchez vs. Diaz and Sanchez vs. Parisyan were pretty sweet, back when Diego used his grappling game.

jake was dominating until the eye gouges

He wasn't dominating shit. He was lay'n praying, holding on for dear life and getting lit up by elbows and punches from the bottom, then got subbed going for a TD.

mir vs big nog

I agree with your picking Mir vs. Nog as a better grappling match. If you take away the excitement caused by the mnay illegal fouls by Palhares and the incompetence of Mazzagati, it wasn't really a very exciting fight until Palhares got the Kimura lock. It was certainly skillful, but not very exciting. I think Palhares might be partially retarded as he doesn't seem to fully understand the hate caused by his continually holding submission locks too long.

I think that was the best grappling fight ever.

I don't recall if there was any fight prior to this one that had

a)Really high level BJJ fighters

b)Bad blood that wasn't fabricated to a point where instead of trying to knock each other they would try to break limbs

c)ended in a submission for one of the fighters who hasn't been subbed before

d)Display of really high level of ground game

And in my opinion, Jake didn't dominate Paul really as much as some people say he did because I didn't think there was anyway Jake was going to submit Paul from a mount and if anyone was threatening with submissions, it was Paul and Jake doesn't really do a whole lot of damage from the top anyways.

There have been fights like, Aoki-Aurelio/Riberio, Paul-Fitch, Sakuraba/BJ- Gracies, Nog- Werdum/Barnett/Mir, Maia-Shields but I think this one topped them all.

This is the UFC discussion take this to the Worldwide MMA discussion ya asshat.

I'd pick a fight with less fouls personally. Always loved Maia/McDonald at MW.

As a student of MMA and BJJ it was a treat to watch. Sheilds passing and mounting Palhares was awesome, and definitely Sheilds is a better positional grappler, but Palhares is the more dangerous sub guy and it showed. But as far as I'm concerned this fight is the benchmark of a grappling war.

Not as high level competitors, but as entertaining as it gets

Still haven't seen it, didn't even catch all but the results of UFC 190, long weekend it was/is here so was out partying. Have to catch it this week.

It was super entertaining. While watching I thought to myself damn this is how grappling should always be.

Jake was looking for a few arm triangles though so I would say he was trying to sub paul

Thought that Mr. Perfect and that Japanese guy was a good grappling match.

He wasn't dominating shit. He was lay'n praying, holding on for dear life and getting lit up by elbows and punches from the bottom, then got subbed going for a TD.

This!

Take away the blind hate of Rousimar and you will see that fight in a different manner. Not saying he didn't drive his thumb in Jake's eye, but he was pushing his head back and finishing with some very damaging elbows from the bottom. Jake was holding top position but he was far from dominant, most of his strikes were ineffectual from the top. Worse; he lost the mount the moment he postured up, all he could do was hang on and keep Rousimar on his back.

Paul Harris got a clean win and submitted BJJ superhero Jake.

Jake's fans are butthurt and trying to SCAPEGOAT Paul Harris by taking away his win.

He let go less than 1 second after the ref tapped him. Watch the replay bitches.

It was a clean win.

This!

Take away the blind hate of Rousimar and you will see that fight in a different manner. Not saying he didn't drive his thumb in Jake's eye, but he was pushing his head back and finishing with some very damaging elbows from the bottom. Jake was holding top position but he was far from dominant, most of his strikes were ineffectual from the top. Worse; he lost the mount the moment he postured up, all he could do was hang on and keep Rousimar on his back.

I'd have to agree, his GNP is weak and he doesn't use elbows too much from top position. He was only winning by control.

As a student of MMA and BJJ it was a treat to watch. Sheilds passing and mounting Palhares was awesome, and definitely Sheilds is a better positional grappler, but Palhares is the more dangerous sub guy and it showed. But as far as I'm concerned this fight is the benchmark of a grappling war.

Not as high level competitors, but as entertaining as it gets

totally forgot about this fight, thanks for posting

Back