• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shevchenko's Stock has PLUMMETED

I'm gonna need to see the NYSE or Nasdaq.

Until then I shall assume standard sherdog hyperbole.
aka she got older, eh? I bet you think you're a regular detective now.... so..... age matters, eh?

She's good, people say she's passed her prime. But her best wins are against people past their prime as well.

She still looked great in that performance, I felt Saltshenko lost the fight more than Grasso winning it if that makes sense. It was a great elite exciting WMMA fight nonetheless.

Shev MYTHS. She was never a good finisher and was always content to control and counter strike her opponents.

she said something that was probably true, and some people are probably upset by that. so her stock with those people might take a little hit.

Probably sees higher/better card placement than Grasso the next time they each fight someone else.
She needed the Grasso rematch to get her first main event in seven fights, dating back to 2019. If that happens, it'll be a main event on a throwaway Apex fight night, while Grasso co-mains a ppv. Not really a win
My conclusion She's become complacent doesn't go for the kill anymore
Eh, she went for the kill in rd 3.
You sure about that??

Natalia Silva, Rose Namajuanas, Karine Silva give Val all sorts of trouble
Two of those haven't beaten anyone worth talking about yet to make that kind of assumption. N. Silva hasn't even fought anyone yet who isn't a stylitically favorable matchup. They keep handing her slow flat footed plodders. Karine's best win is over the part time fighter Moroz.

Fighting prime is 32, Shev is 35. At 32 Shev May be the best FW to ever exist but at 35 she is now only excellent .

She sure looked like her jab was a solution in the 5th round for 3 1/2 minutes. She lost the fight due to a grappling error, not from the standup.

A grappling error and a 10-8 Mike Bell.

If Bell scored R5 10-9, Schevchenko wins the fight.

Mike Bell.

The smart move is for John Q Public to publish the name Mike Bell every day for years. That's how you get rid of this corrupt stupid shit.

The fight should be forever referred to as "the Mike Bell fight."

Shev has the skills but especially as of late she can be overly patient. She’s taking fewer and fewer risk in a fight and in the end she’s not adding up.

This is why all fighters should choose the fight that most benefits them financially. Because once your success falls off, even a little, people will shit on you and claim, “you were never any good. “

eh, i thought she won the fight. more control. as long as there is a WMMA division, she'll continue to be there. who else do they got? who else can they possibly sign from thursday night cardio kickboxing class? not a whole lot. another win, she's right back in the title shot. imagine if that wasn't UFC EL NOCHE NIGHT. probably would have been a different decision.

So sad to watch such a talented female athlete drop off like that. Not that I would know because I changed the channel after the co-main to watch the end of the Colorado vs Colorado St game. It blows my mind that people are still invested in chick fights after the "Ronda" wave has passed. But God bless the little hearts of people who still pretend to care about them.

So sad to watch such a talented female athlete drop off like that. Not that I would know because I changed the channel after the co-main to watch the end of the Colorado vs Colorado St game. It blows my mind that people are still invested in chick fights after the "Ronda" wave has passed. But God bless the little hearts of people who still pretend to care about them.

You don't care therefore you cannot comprehend anyone else caring?

Interesting mindset. There's heaps of sports I don't follow but I don't get all salty that other people do, then join their threads and tell them I didn't watch their sport and that none of them are really fans anyway.

Seems kind of an egomaniacal worldview of total self absorption and zero perspective actually.

The UFC literally made the 125 pound division for Valentina

They didn't even wait around for the original champ to defend it.

Valentina was essentially fighting bloated 115pound women, at 125.

They really didn't have a proper division. They were finding names outta anywhere to fight Valentina. A few times she was like a 10 to 1 favorite, which is insane for a championship fight.

All this because Valentina couldn't win the belt at 135. So they made a new division out of thin air to market her in.

The first competitive fight Valentina was in, she got finished. Then she lost the rematch. Both times she was full of excuses, which is definitely not a good look.

Now that Amanda Nunes is retired, Valentina should go back to 135 and prove herself.

It's Grasso's turn to fight cans at 125.

Back