• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shevchenko's Stock has PLUMMETED

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Let's break this down with nothing but factual statements:

1. She was once revered as one of the best strikers in the world, with a plethora of lethal techniques and timing and power unequivocal to 99% of the roster.
This same incredible striker was shooting for her fucking life, and did not have a real solution to Grasso's southpaw boxing tactic. The great striker has ZERO confidence in her striking now? Hm... I don't know many all time great strikers who NEED wrestling to have a chance in fights. Just saying..

2. She's now not even looking to inflict real damage or finish the fight but would much rather gather as many points as possible until time runs out... Lay n pray ? Touching the ground to avoid getting kneed? Smh

3. She's now also on a world tour, crying and blaming everyone and everything possible for her L.
Excuses pouring non stop. Her finger was broken too apparently (LOL) so it just is the world working against her that she lost.

Grasso really ruined her confidence...
EvuK3rpWYAEp4XF.jpg_large.jpg

God Bless UFC Noche.
God Bless Mexican Fighters
God Bless Mexican Boxing

Tldr: Shevchenko was never that good.

Last edited:

4c2484f4cf91fc5abb1d25b87ee7aacd.jpg

I disagree.

She's still at the very top but no longer unbeatable. The top 5 of her division has caught up. I think Blanchfield/Fiorot/Santos all give her problems if not beat her. She beats everyone not top 5 though and looks like a world beater.

Yknow man I'm the biggest Grasso fan. I'm elated she kept gold. Has had more definitive results in both fights

I don't relish Val's fall or even so much believe it. Alexa is game and scrappy as hell, she found a way to keep the belt after two fights

Valentina looked great out there though. Yeah she fucked up a bit in the 2nd and end of 5th but for the most part she looked very competent out there. For as controversial the fight was it was actually a very good and Close fight. I'd rather not shit on either of them

It is unfortunate for Val though because she should definitely win one or two more before fighting for gold.....

Val's 35 y.o. & had over 89 pro fights

The window of her dominance is obviously closing (plummeting)

The fact that Grasso is on par with her is noteworthy in wmma history but not "exposing" of Val

Shevchenko's mma run is very impressive - & significant - but things progress & time marches on

Let's break this down with nothing but factual statements:

1. She was once revered as one of the best strikers in the world, with a plethora of lethal techniques and timing and power unequivocal to 99% of the roster.
This same incredible striker was shooting for her fucking life, and did not have a real solution to Grasso's southpaw boxing tactic. The great striker has ZERO confidence in her striking now? Hm...

2. She's now not even looking to inflict real damage or finish the fight but would much rather gather as many points as possible until time runs out... Lay n pray ? Touching the ground to avoid getting kneed? Smh

3. She's now also on a world tour, crying and blaming everyone and everything possible for her L.
Excuses pouring non stop. Her finger was broken too apparently (LOL) so it just is the world working against her that she lost.

Grasso really ruined her confidence...
View attachment 1002367

God Bless UFC Noche.
God Bless Mexican Fighters
God Bless Mexican Boxing

Big fish in a TINY pond-----

Probably sees higher/better card placement than Grasso the next time they each fight someone else.

She's been fighting since she was 15. She's obviously past her prime, but she definitely could have gotten that decision the other night. She has every right to be upset about that 10-8 fifth round, even if I don't agree with how she's going about it.

This same incredible striker was shooting for her fucking life, and did not have a real solution to Grasso's southpaw boxing tactic.

She sure looked like her jab was a solution in the 5th round for 3 1/2 minutes. She lost the fight due to a grappling error, not from the standup.

She did some out and say she broke something in her hand during r1. Not to mention if we are being objective she did win that fight regardless of how its done. 10-8 for r5 is one of the worst rounds judged ive ever seen in mma. I would sooner concede Grasso won the entire fight before I gave r5 a 10-8

Back