Shevchenko for the KO

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems like easy money to me at +375. Chookagian has never faced anyone with anywhere near the same skill level on the feet...
am-i-wrong-gif-1.gif

Seems like easy money to me at +375. Chookagian has never faced anyone with anywhere near the same skill level one the feet...
View attachment 721491
Shevchenko's got a total of 1 KO in her entire UFC run and I don't think Chookagian's ever been finished. I'd be backing in a fairly uneventful UD that bores the shit out of most of us. Guessing most bookies would agree with me so I doubt you can make too much off it. If the betting line's something similar for Valentina by sub I'd think that might be a more realistic option as a bit of a punt.

Last edited:
TKO from unanswered shots maybe, shev isn't exactly a KO artist.

Chookagian fights very, very cautiously though. She rarely pushes forward. I see no path to victory for her, but I wouldn't lay money on her getting KOed.

Jarl

Seems like easy money to me at +375. Chookagian has never faced anyone with anywhere near the same skill level on the feet...
View attachment 721491

Ehhh even tho you're right, Chookagian is a better technical fighter than Jessica Eye despite losing the fight. She just didn't do well with that brawling style that Eye presented. Styles make matchups and even though I'm not saying Shevchenko will lose, I doubt she gets a KO. Submission prop seems far more likely. She only has 1 KO finish in the UFC and that was against Jessica Eye.

They'll have a staring contest for 5 rounds.

They'll have a staring contest for 5 rounds.

90 percent chance they have a low output standing affair with valentina doing enough to get the clear cut decision

this fight prolly goes down more like the joana fight than the eye one

btw - i thought kaitlin won the eye fight even though the 3rd could really be scored either way

I think it could be a good fight because of thier fighting styles.

I think it could be a good fight because of thier fighting styles.
The+Pros+and+Cons+of+Running

one more thing to note here is that almost all of kaitlin’s fights (win or lose ) have been super competitive - her two losses are splits that could of gone either way

both of these ladies have the tendency to keep fights too close so the odds seem about right - she may find herself squeezing out a close decision while mostly dodging strikes and punching air

one more thing to note here is that almost all of kaitlin’s fights (win or lose ) have been super competitive - her two losses are splits that could of gone either way

both of these ladies have the tendency to keep fights too close so the odds seem about right - she may find herself squeezing out a close decision while mostly dodging strikes and punching air
Indeed the air in the cage will take a beating.

Shevchenko for the boring unanimous decision where she barely outstrikes her opponent.

View attachment 721491

Of course, Chef Chenko is getting the Conor/ Holm treatment in terms of competition and card placement. They're hoping she can take aging Holm's spot as the blonde WMMA poster girl.

Valentina will be dancing at the end, probably after a UD

I wouldn't bet on Shevchenko to KO anyone who isnt an actual bum. She landed an average on 8 strikes per round in her last fight. Anyone that pays attention to strike count numbers knows that is atrocious.

she's the most boring champion by far and one of the most boring in the ufc.

I wish Valentina would actually fight just a little more aggressive. She’s head and shoulders above everybody in her division and could go full Anderson in the matrix to these girls but instead, is content with doing the bare minimum to get by and taking absolutely no risks.

Watching her frustrates me to no end. Incredible skill set in a marketable fighter but she chooses to coast to easy decisions against soccer moms.

I wish Valentina would actually fight just a little more aggressive. She’s head and shoulders above everybody in her division and could go full Anderson in the matrix to these girls but instead, is content with doing the bare minimum to get by and taking absolutely no risks.

Watching her frustrates me to no end. Incredible skill set in a marketable fighter but she chooses to coast to easy decisions against soccer moms.

Hmm, I really enjoy when people make shit up.

She was unranked when she took her first fight in the UFC against the then #5 ranked Kaufman on eight days notice when she was in vacation in Bali. This was at 135. She then beat the much larger Holm who was only one fight off of holding the belt. She then subbed the grappler Pena, which is Pena's only submission loss.

She lost twice to Nunes who is clearly the woman's GOAT. She has four fights at 125 - her proper weight class and one was a beat-down ending in submission victory another being a highlight reel KO. Her fight with Liz was boring as hell, but I do not think she plays soccer and I doubt she has kids. She also used to fight at 135.

You can say you wish she was more active without being completely full of shit.

Back