Sherdog's Comeback Fighter of the Year

earth-lovers-yoga-mat-rolled-cropped.jpg

winner winner chicken dinner

You make good points but for me it was Matt Brown.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned him yet. Anyone? Fine.. Matt Brown.

Like everyone else, I think the award should go to Matt Brown. More than a few people were surprised that he stuck around after the loss to Brian Foster (his third consecutive defeat at the time), but since then, he's looked more and more like a solid mid-level UFC fighter and less like the TUF washout that many expected him to be.

On a side note, I think you could make a case for Jamie Varner as well. It looked like he might be done fighting after the loss to Dakota Cochrane. Fast forward a year later, and he's looking like the same guy that was a champion in the WEC. He pulled off arguably the Upset of the Year against Edson Barboza, had a Fight of the Year contender with Joe Lauzon, and is now coming off a good win over Melvin Guillard.

Like everyone else, I think the award should go to Matt Brown. More than a few people were surprised that he stuck around after the loss to Brian Foster (his third consecutive defeat at the time), but since then, he's looked more and more like a solid mid-level UFC fighter and less like the TUF washout that many expected him to be.

On a side note, I think you could make a case for Jamie Varner as well. It looked like he might be done fighting after the loss to Dakota Cochrane. Fast forward a year later, and he's looking like the same guy that was a champion in the WEC. He pulled off arguably the Upset of the Year against Edson Barboza, had a Fight of the Year contender with Joe Lauzon, and is now coming off a good win over Melvin Guillard.

Came here to say this. Even though he only had one fight this year Fitch could possibly come in at third.

Can't believe nobody said Matt Brown yet!

Brown or Varner. Hardy should be mentioned as well, he shocked me to shit when he slept Bang.

what about cain? I mean at the end of last year he was injured and ko'ed in a round by jds then he recovers from said injury and goes on to completely outclass 2 top 10 opponents and regain his belt.

Jamie Varner. The guy was basically retired for a short time.

Back