Sherdog's Comeback Fighter of the Year

I was coming here to say Varner but browns a better answer

lol @ guys saying Struve and Kos.
Matt Brown by far.

earth-lovers-yoga-mat-rolled-cropped.jpg

Bravo, sir.

in before matt brown, not an obvious choice but i personally think he is quite deserving

I think it's Jamie Varner.

Brown isn't exactly "comeback" more like "breakout" - he wasn't ever a contender, he's now just looking a lot better than he ever has.

Varner on the other hand was a champ in WEC, who absolutely looked like he was spiraling the drain and was never coming back in recent years. Shane Roller is sort of understandable, getting KTFO by Dakota Cochrane is not. He's now back and beating (or competing with in the case of Lauzon) quality UFC 155ers, which most would have thought was impossible.

Varner has put together some decent wins. It looked like he was on his way out. However, the same is true of Brown. Both had pretty solid wins and I don't have a problem with either one of them getting the award...

I'd say Cain. In a few days goes from "not that good", "vastly overrated" and "hasn't really beat anyone" to "best ever", "would toy with JDS again".

Matt Brown? Really? Matt Brown's comeback this year was waaaay better than Matt Brown!

Back