Sherdoggers: Reward For The 100 Burpee Challenge

Matt Thornton

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I posted this in the 100 Burpee Challenge thread, but I figured you should all get a chance to know this is taking place.

Starting today, until the deadline January 31st, 2006, I invite Sherdoggers to videotape themselves doing the 100 Burpee Challenge. The winner will receive a personalized certificate of award (I'm going to talk to Jeff about getting it all official Sherdoggy and what not), 4 dollars in Wendy's Bucks (Wendy's gift certificate; their form of currency. Will get you more food than food stamps), and a coupon for a free bucket of popcorn at any National Amusements Movie Theater.

The terms of the competition:

-All entries must be submitted no later than January 31st, 2006.

-You must verify that it is, in fact, you, in the video, by either stating your username on Sherdog or "saluting." (writing your username on a sign and holding it up to the camera)

-You must complete 100 burpees. This means you must perform the "squat-thrust" motion (without a pushup), but instead of just standing back up, you need to jump up and tuck your knees to your chest.

-You will be scored upon how fast you can complete 100 burpees.

-To ensure that you haven't altered the video, you must have some system to show that the video is running in real time; i.e., a clock in the background.

-Around February 1st (probably no later than February 3rd), I will review the videos and determine who completed the challenge in the shortest time. The Sherdogger who completes the challenge the fastest will be PMed by me about details to receive their award.

Just to let you all know, 4 bucks at Wendy's will fill you up. You'll feel like you got socked in the gut by Dave Thomas himself. It's not a big reward, but after all, it's for the honor, right?

Good luck, and start training now you fatties.

Iceman5592 said:
4 dollars in Wendy's Bucks (Wendy's gift certificate; their form of currency. Will get you more food than food stamps), and a coupon for a free bucket of popcorn at any National Amusements Movie Theater.
That's funny, dude. I love Wendy's!

challange accepted, although such tokens will not work over the pond.

But hell, it will be fun trying to beat other people :)

Is there a limit to how many entries you can put in (say I can do it in 10 minutes by march, but 2 months later I'm down to 9, can I send in another vid to replace the last one, or is it a sned right before deadline deal?-I'd like to see how people are progressing to be honest so I can try harder...ie a running best time)

Valgarv said:
You realize 2006 is like tomorrow, don't you?

The deadline is January 31st, 2006; not January 1st. You all have a month.

And if you're from the U.K. and you win, we can probably work something out so that you can still get a prize.

Right, but Ian was talking about months down the road from now but I think I read his post wrong earlier. Seems like he was aware of that but wanted to keep tracking progress after the contest is over. It's too early in the morning for me.

How are you going to judge this contest though? I mean, what if I jump a couple of inches higher than someone else when I do my burpees? Or what if my overall form is looser?

Two things that would make the judging easier. First either include a pause and a strict pushup or scratch the pushup completely. As already said I vote for no pushup, kick those legs back and forth as fast as posible..

The other one thing that would make it easier is that it have to be a visible "jump" and that you have to "tuck your knees" to your chest.

In my opinion the knee tucking would negate that it becomes a bit easier without a pushup and make it much easier to judge.

krellik said:
Two things that would make the judging easier. First either include a pause and a strict pushup or scratch the pushup completely. As already said I vote for no pushup, kick those legs back and forth as fast as posible..

The other one thing that would make it easier is that it have to be a visible "jump" and that you have to "tuck your knees" to your chest.

In my opinion the knee tucking would negate that it becomes a bit easier without a pushup and make it much easier to judge.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Alright. No pushup. But when you jump up, you have to tuck your knees to your chest.

Fuck yeah its on.. I be back in a few days with my results.:)

Valgarv said:
Right, but Ian was talking about months down the road from now but I think I read his post wrong earlier. Seems like he was aware of that but wanted to keep tracking progress after the contest is over. It's too early in the morning for me.

yes....that is what I meant :redface:

No pushup? bah! its not really a burpee then is it, the pushup should be kept

Reakt said:
No pushup? bah! its not really a burpee then is it, the pushup should be kept
Stop bitchin and start doing if you accept the challenge already. My ass is too fat, so I'm sitting this one out, but I'll be rooting for ya'll to do your best!

If I do 25 now will you send me 1 Wendy's buck?

Seriously though, the time period is too short for me, but I love the idea. If the deadline was June, I'm convinced that I would WIN. But January 31st. No way.

Bubble Boy said:
If I do 25 now will you send me 1 Wendy's buck?

Seriously though, the time period is too short for me, but I love the idea. If the deadline was June, I'm convinced that I would WIN. But January 31st. No way.

I don;t understand, you wrote this post in February. Are you in a diferent time zone that is a month behind the rest of us?

Oh, and who won? I missed that part.

muerteverde said:
I don;t understand, you wrote this post in February. Are you in a diferent time zone that is a month behind the rest of us?

Oh, and who won? I missed that part.

Fucking calender self pwnage. I'm not sure what I was thinking, maybe to the end of February or something. Jesus.
But technically I was only off by 5 days, not a month.

But anyway, yeah, did somebody win?

Sorry guys, no winner. I ended up using the Wendy's bucks like February 2nd. Oh well. It was a good idea in theory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back