Sherdog was right

RoyJonesJr

Carti Season
@red
Reaction score
DC choked

You do not try to outwrestle a taller wrestler with leverage from the clinch for obvious reasons. His gameplan was supposed to spam the takedowns like Cain did with JDS and this was obvious as he stated it multiple times.

Unfortunately he talked to much and probably panicked, he stuck to one aspect to try uppercuts from the clinch and occasional takedowns from the clinch. If he had spammed takedowns and failed only to land uppercuts from the clinch he would have eaten alot less kicks and had Jones defending more, so he would expend less energy.

Even Luke said DC did not stick to the gameplan which is unfortunate... AND STILL

Do you think DC can make another run?

*Says his gameplan didn't work*
*uses Rockhold saying he didn't use the gameplan as evidence*

DC's would fare better in a rematch than Roy did against Tarver

DC didn't choke, his body (i.e. cardio) just didn't let him continue to push that pace.

Jones wasn't winning the fight by the 4th round. It was an extremely competitive fight but many people overlooked a very important aspect of fighting which is endurance.

Jones won 4 rounds lol@was not winning the fight. DC knows he was losing to.

*Says his gameplan didn't work*
*uses Rockhold saying he didn't use the gameplan as evidence*

DC's would fare better in a rematch than Roy did against Tarver

If you know wrestling, you know you don't try and take down someone MUCH taller than you from the clinch.

Jones will just push you down with his massive upper body strength. He should have just spammed the takedowns like Cain did. They make you super tired and keep you guessing

If you know wrestling, you know you don't try and take down someone MUCH taller than you from the clinch.

Jones will just push you down with his massive upper body strength. He should have just spammed the takedowns like Cain did. They make you super tired and keep you guessing

Yes, keep spamming for takedowns and leave your head/neck open for Jones to snatch up a guillotine.

Smart!

Jones won 4 rounds lol@was not winning the fight. DC knows he was losing to.

Rd 1 Jones
Round 2 Cormier
Round 3 Draw

So yeah, he wasn't winning the fight. Change your signature too, you fucking tool.

I don't know who did the predictions before the fight but he also had it right. Jones UD 49-46. Well done that man

So against a guy with huge reach he should have been shooting from 3 feet out?

Guess I better quit Judo. All those years for nothing.

Every short wrestler I've ever seen works from tie ups.

Every short wrestler I've ever seen works from tie ups.

Its true, but Jones is 6'4 and Dc is 5'9. The leverage is not on your side as shown in the fight. Every time DC tried Jones just pulled him down and DC couldn't even get a hold of his legs. When Alex Took Jones down it wasn't from the clinch, he charged in and we all know Alex is not a wrestler.

Its true, but Jones is 6'4 and Dc is 5'9. The leverage is not on your side as shown in the fight. Every time DC tried Jones just pulled him down and DC couldn't even get a hold of his legs. When Alex Took Jones down it wasn't from the clinch, he charged in and we all know Alex is not a wrestler.

[Yt]PjRs0eI9fPk[/MEDIA]

Who's winning the tie ups here?

DC didn't choke, his body (i.e. cardio) just didn't let him continue to push that pace.

Jones wasn't winning the fight by the 4th round. It was an extremely competitive fight but many people overlooked a very important aspect of fighting which is endurance.

Jones took his endurance with body shots and making him carry his weight in the clinch.

TS you don't seem like a dumb guy but this is a dumb thread

DCs best shot was in Jones face and in the clinch but Jones simply beat him in the clinch.

There is no magic formula to beat Jones. You just have to be better than him.

TS you don't seem like a dumb guy but this is a dumb thread

I'm not saying DC would have won. But he could have pushed harder if wouldn't have attempted all his td's from the clinch. Also, more lateral movement would have helped

Hopefully DC has it in him to make another run

Back