Sherdog was right

Great video, but mma wrestling is quite different than ufc wrestling. For one they don't have a cage and can throw strikes to confuse you

But Cormiers best chance for a takedown was off the clinch. How else would he take him down?

He doesn't have the double jab and shot like Edgar does. He doesn't have the footwork of Edgar.

DC did everything he could but it wasn't even enough to win more than 1 round. Jones is on another level. Great game planning by Jones sneaking in those body shots. Cormier was done after round 3.

DC didn't choke, his body (i.e. cardio) just didn't let him continue to push that pace.

Jones wasn't winning the fight by the 4th round. It was an extremely competitive fight but many people overlooked a very important aspect of fighting which is endurance.
This is absolutely accurate. Amazing how astute you can be when you are not talking GSP

I don't know how much would this loss affect his mental state.

Mabye he'll win 2 more fights (hopefully, 5-rounders so he'd have chance to prepare for 25-minute fights a bit better) and come up with a better gameplan (because his current one sucked).

But maybe he'll fold mentally and start alternating wins and losses from now on. Only time will tell.

I know your being sarcastic, but if you really didn't know that, then you really should

Lol I was laughing at you throughout my entire shower. People always wanna make excuses. Jon was the better fighter. First it was reach now he's just too big or too tall. Do you watch ANY grappling outside of the UFC?

Everyone is saying DC gassed but he wasn't too tired to lift Jon 6ft in the air practically at the end of the fight? Jon was better and had the better game plan.

I'm 6'1 and one of my favorite things to do on the rare occasion I grapple someone significantly taller than I am is to push them. This gets them reacting to push back against me. When I feel that they are pushing enough I let up and use their pushing to hit a Yoko Otoshi/Lateral drop. Doable from double underhooks or over unders and I've done this to a fuckload of people. I've hit Tomoe Nage on people who were like 6'8.

His grappling looked one dimensional last night.

DC didn't choke, his body (i.e. cardio) just didn't let him continue to push that pace.

Jones wasn't winning the fight by the 4th round. It was an extremely competitive fight but many people overlooked a very important aspect of fighting which is endurance.

Solid post Red. What DC did last night would have exhausted any heavyweight by end of second and I wish people would stop shitting on him now that he lost. That was he far the greatest win Jones has gotten in my book.

If you know wrestling, you know you don't try and take down someone MUCH taller than you from the clinch.

Jones will just push you down with his massive upper body strength. He should have just spammed the takedowns like Cain did. They make you super tired and keep you guessing

That won't work on Jones either because unlike JDS, Jones is a wrestler and has much better leverage so the cardio will once again work against Cormier

DC did everything he could but it wasn't even enough to win more than 1 round. Jones is on another level. Great game planning by Jones sneaking in those body shots. Cormier was done after round 3.
Jones utilized body shots well in this fight and slowly broke down DC, by the 4th he was dead tired.

No.

Sherdog was wrong.

Cormier didn't have shit for Jones.

Next.

In the 5th, when he should have rallied and gone for broke but opted to get one takedown in the books...that disappointed me. Cormier is not Damien Maia and its very difficult to finish guy with GnP who isn't already stunned or breaking. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when fighters concede the remaining minutes.

Back