Sherdog Strongman discussion thread- Strongman classic looms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greatest Kazz, Jon pall, magnus v. Best in pure strength Big Z. Honorable mention to Gerrit baddenhorst (who taught me how to deadlift properly) and Gary Taylor. Having competed in amateur strongman and attended the WSM it’s not the most exciting thing live. After watching pudz dominate it kind of fell off for me.

Always enjoy this and loved seeing Licis win last time as a new champion. Kielcz is the future in my opinion, but looking at the names not competing this year Shaw walks it with one hand tied behind his back and then probably retires. The following year will be very interesting, then.

Gut feeling says Luke Stoltman. Seems like the most well-rounded of the ones left. Second place Klz (not spelling that), third place Shaw.

Gut feeling says Luke Stoltman. Seems like the most well-rounded of the ones left. Second place Klz (not spelling that), third place Shaw.
Tom is the Better Stoltman and Kieliszkowski is injured he got surgery yesterday.

The greatest strongman of all time is Big Z by a wide margin.

4 WSM and 8 Arnolds alone gives him that crown nevermind all the other strongman titles he's won.

This year Mateusz would have certainly won had he not had to pull out, and Shaw is looking like a monster in training so he has to be the favorite. He's too well rounded over the rest of the field.

Brian Shaw takes it. He is a giant with freak genes.

Who do you think is the greatest strongman ever? And who is the most freak genetics?
Greatest of all time is Big Z. By a very wide margin too. Best of all time is probably peak Thor. When he was at his best I don't think anyone could have beaten him. His level of dominance between from 2018 to early this year (minus one injury) is pretty crazy and he took a few records on the way as well.

This year, I'm not so sure Shaw wins. The field is wide open since the top 3 won't compete, but I'm not sure how good Shaw is at this point. Plus, he still has to contend with JF Caron and Tom Stoltman who both finished above him last year. And also Luke Richardson and Luke Stoltman who have made great progress in the last year.

Greatest of all time is Big Z. By a very wide margin too. Best of all time is probably peak Thor. When he was at his best I don't think anyone could have beaten him. His level of dominance between from 2018 to early this year (minus one injury) is pretty crazy and he took a few records on the way as well.

This year, I'm not so sure Shaw wins. The field is wide open since the top 3 won't compete, but I'm not sure how good Shaw is at this point. Plus, he still has to contend with JF Caron and Tom Stoltman who both finished above him last year. And also Luke Richardson and Luke Stoltman who have made great progress in the last year.

Shaw is getting the Hype mostly due to Licis , Thor and Mateusz not being there, but yeah its not a Given he was 6th last year , granted this year the Events are ones he has done well in and he understands that this is his last best shot.

Shaw is getting the Hype mostly due to Licis , Thor and Mateusz not being there, but yeah its not a Given he was 6th last year , granted this year the Events are ones he has done well in and he understands that this is his last best shot.
The events do favor him, but I don't think they are bad events for JF Caron either. Tom and Luke also have several good events and Richardson is improving at a faster rate than anyone I've seen in strongman before to be honest.

So many out this year.

Tom Stoltman is going to be really tough to beat. Him and Shaw in the stones would be incredible.

Why isn't Oberst rated higher, out of curiosity? I am clueless, by the way.

Yeah Oberst is getting stronger but recently tore his bicep and is still coming back from that a bit IIRC.

Big Z the all time greatest strongest man, hands down. The titles, the number of competitions, the length of career and the time he's owned the log press record. He's the absolute man.

Tom is a genetically gifted man with the perfect upbringing for the sport, started real young moving kit around at shows etc. He has autism which really seems to feed into his training, he absolutely nails it. I think he's going to be largely free from injury, he's smashing world records and he's really young for a strongman.

If anyone is interested Lawrence Shahlai one of my favourites does YouTube and commentary for strongman, his YouTube channel has interviews with all the major players this year near enough.

He knows his shit and is a good talker.

Just realised loads of Loz vids posted already!

Last edited:
If anyone is interested Lawrence Shahlai one of my favourites does YouTube and commentary for strongman, his YouTube channel has interviews with all the major players this year near enough.

He knows his shit and is a good talker.

Just realised loads of Loz vids posted already!

I love Big Loz channel to be honest. Low key the best channel for updates, information about the sport and interviews with all the top guys and legends. He's super knowledgeable about all aspects of the sport and he's generally very unbiased and down to earth. Sadly he's not nearly as popular as he should be though.

Do y’all think Mark Henry would’ve won these if he hadn’t gone into wrestling?

I love Big Loz channel to be honest. Low key the best channel for updates, information about the sport and interviews with all the top guys and legends. He's super knowledgeable about all aspects of the sport and he's generally very unbiased and down to earth. Sadly he's not nearly as popular as he should be though.

I think he's only really started putting out great content since his achilles ruptured, so it's not been long, with him getting a few commentary gigs too I hope his profile will raise.

Also he needs to remember not to talk about himself too much when interviewing guests. Actually I think that's maybe because in his heart of hearts he is still a competitor and seeing him in the gym as of late it looks a little like the fire is coming back. I'd not be surprised if we saw a return of the fastest top flight strongman who ever lived in a couple of years!

Do y’all think Mark Henry would’ve won these if he hadn’t gone into wrestling?

I don't think so, I might be speaking out of turn here but I think he was too slow, not strong enough and his girth would really work against him in some of the loading challenges.

I don't think so, I might be speaking out of turn here but I think he was too slow, not strong enough and his girth would really work against him in some of the loading challenges.

Mark Henry was fast and explosive for a man his size, he would have Matched up well with the early to mid 2000s field , he has an Arnold win too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back