• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sherdog owes an apology to Stephen A Smith

Isnt this the retard who said Conor would KO Floyd?

That was Robin Black
images

MMA fans are fickle and soft. Pundits do this to LeBron, Brady, Manning, Kobe, etc. etc. etc. every all time great athlete gets roasted in shows and headlines...why wouldn't Donald Cerrone?

Yeah once I saw those little shoulder shots have such a huge effect on Cerrone I thought something is not right here. I rented UFC 2 VHS from Blockbuster and have been watching ever since that day and I never seen shoulder strikes spook someone that much, he just started falling backwards too the fence like he had taken a flush Ngannou uppercut.

Smith is just a tv personality, but hundreds of people on here after the fight said the same thing, most of us had that opinion. There was lots of threads after the fight saying Cerrone either threw the fight or he quit easily and wanted out.

Of course he would say that. He didn't win and got dusted in 30 secs. Happens all the time.

Not gonna apologize to Stephen because he still is a casual and Ive not said one thing that was wrong about the fight.

MMA commentators are such pussies when it comes to saying negative things about fighters. Just watch any boxing show (for e,g, Paulie Malignaggi, Tim Bradley, etc.) they have ZERO fear in saying certain fighters look like shit, calling out bad performances, calling out fighters for ducking, or saying certain fighters quit or don't have heart. And because the MMA commentators are shit, MMA fans are very uneducated tbh. The average boxing fan has much more knowledge about their sport.

MMA is the North Korea of sports - both in terms of the level of control the UFC exercises over the media and how the fighters and most of the media members are forced to eat grass to survive.

You're not exactly to going to walk into the middle of Pyongyang and expect to hear what people really think of Dear Leader are you?

Stephen A has had many MMA takes that have been spot on but he gets shit because he's seen as an outsider and is more blunt with his opinion than "MMA journalists" who have to be careful not to hurt fighter's feelings. In other sports they don't treat the athletes or the promotion with kid gloves. The talking heads at ESPN will trash basketball stars when they perform bad. The MMA media and fans aren't accustomed to that.

How many Smiths would Stephen A Smith smith if Stephen A Smith could smith a Smith? Say that 5 times fast, while standing on your head and spinning counter clockwise and then switching after every rep. You just can't.

MMA is the North Korea of sports - both in terms of the level of control the UFC exercises over the media and how the fighters and most of the media members are forced to eat grass to survive.

You're not exactly to going to walk into the middle of Pyongyang and expect to hear what people really think of Dear Leader are you?
There are people outside the control of the organization who could freely comment but still choose to police themselves though. A lot of it is cultural and due to the lack of maturity in the sport. But you're partially correct.

I knew within the first ten seconds the fight was not on the up, and up.

In fact I strongly suspected it before the fight when Cowboy said something like “We are going to give the fans what they want”. Namely stand, and bang.

Right after Conor had tweeted “the first one to shoot is a cowbitch”

Lost all respect for Cowboy right then, and there.

Cowboy always chokes big fights and there was no bigger stage than the fight vs Conor. He also got mauled in his LW title fight vs RDA and stood there and froze like a deer in the headlights and got boxed up by Nate Diaz as a 4 to 1 favorite

People wanted so badly to claim that Conor was back, but it was such a pathetic display from Cerrone who is a much better fighter than that.

I got a lot of shit at the time for saying it, but I knew Cerrone wasn't in that fight at all. Anyone who wasn't a stupid Conor cuck fanboy could see it.
YEAH, N-N-N Jon was JUST as legit, after beating HW DC, Francis, Stipe, Blades, Pav, then winning the legit HW title from Cowboy, I mean from Gane... Pico is goat.

Fuck that blowhard twice over.

The dude is insufferable.

Steven A Smith has said so many wild ignorant things that he still owes me an apology.

And this means Conor hasn't had a legitimate victory in 8 years. lol.

when he was a known quitter in big fights.
This is not true at all. Most of his popular fights are comeback victories or he went the distance in a back and forth war.

Back